1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery Life % and Charging Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StreetRange, Sep 2, 2011.

1. StreetRange

StreetRange Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Administrative assistant
    California
    I've been using Callpod's Chargepod (Power Products - Callpod) to charge my HTC Inspire since I purchased it this April.
    This week, I've noticed something odd when I charge it and I am not sure if it's my phone or the Chargepod itself.

I powered off my phone when it was at 90% battery life because the battery gets so low so quickly after that. I plugged it in and forgot about it. About 2 hours went by before I remember to check on it and the charging screen said my phone was charged only 80%! This happened earlier in the week when my phone was at 50% and practically took all night to finish charging.

Why is the battery life going down 10-20% from what it was when it was first plugged AFTER its plugged in to charge?

I left a post on HTC's Facebook Wall about this and another fan answered and suggested that I do "Bump Charging". I looked it up and discovered there are many different ways to do it. So I tried the easiest way while I was at work - charged the phone to 100% while powered off, unplugged it and it kept it off and immedietly plugged it back in, charging it to 100% again. I repeated this 1 step several times and honestly I got tired of doing it and I needed to have my phone on.
    However, the fan from Facebook suggested I charge the phone while its powered on til it's 100%, turn it off, charge it to 100%, turn it back on and let it load, then turn it back off and charge it to 100% again.

Is there a prefered variation of this "bump charging" or do I just need to start using a different charger?

Advertisement

2. Saltine713

Saltine713 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    Podcaster
    NY
    Sounds really complicated. I just plug in my phone while I use it or let it sleep, then it is 100 % and I go on my merry way. Ha!

3. StreetRange

StreetRange Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Administrative assistant
    California
    That's what I use to but now when I plug in my phone at it's a certain percentage, it GOES DOWN 10-20& before charging back UP to 100%. That's why I was told to do this special "bump charging" to "recalibrate" the battery.