1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Battery life and death, htc desire

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by c8b, Jul 9, 2011.

1. c8b

c8b Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    hi all. I've an htc desire and I love it, but the battery life is rubbish. Lasts til 7pm if I don't use the web and seriously runs down quickly when I do.
    Been told recently that it shouldn't be left on charge all night (oops, too late). Have I messed up my battery?
    Has anyone tried the more powerful batteries advertised on line and did it make a difference?
    Can they damage my phone?

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums. Battery technology seems to be lagging behind the advancement in mobile devices. It's about an every phone problem. I've never heard of it being a problem leaving your battery on the charger beyond a full charge. I don't believe you are causing your battery any harm. Extended life batteries that are rated to work with your Desire should not damage your phone. To find a lot more information on the subject, you should click into the sub forum that's just for the Desire people. The folks in there have talked batteries and work-a-rounds just like every other phone's discussion forum. Here is a link to the Desire sub forum:
    HTC Desire - Android Forums Enjoy.

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Most modern smart phones are intelligent enough to throttle back charging to a trickle when the battery is almost completely charged...

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums!

The Desire is a sister phone to my Nexus One and the way my phone charges is once it reaches full, it stops charging and will discharge to 90% full at which time the charge cycle will resume. I've left it plugged in at full charge for hours with little or no harm to the battery.