• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life and Heat LG Connect

mdside71

Android Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2010
So i have my connect rooted, all the metro crap removed off it using TIBU. Worked great for months on end.

Only thing i have recently done was updated TIBU, GOSMS, and GO Launcher, now for some reason my battery is getting to 40c, and it is dropping power with no 4g or wireless use like crazy.

Is there something i can do, already went in and manually turned down the screen brightness, and processors to an incredibly slow rate. Not sure what else to do.

I actually found the problem..For some reason TIBU was constantly running in the background, and of course with it constantly running it was draining the battery. Weird, but i disabled it in the start up, and now my battery life is back to normal, well as normal as can be for the stock battery i have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones