• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life Degraded (AT&T)

Girevik

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2010
Both my wife and I have S7 Edge phones from AT&T. I've noticed my battery life has been terrible lately (it seems okay on standby, but any use at all drains it like crazy), so tried a factory reset over the weekend to no avail. My wife mentioned last night that hers has also been bad so I'm wondering if a recent updated may have caused this. Has anyone else noticed this, or perhaps even know a fix?

Depends on your usage mostly. As in how many times you charge a day, and how low you let it go down to before recharging. For example, letting the battery go down to 20% would degrade it faster than plugging it in at 40 or 50%.

It could be nornal wear and tear as caused by your usage pattern.

I tend to think it's not just battery wear for a couple reasons. First, this happened very suddenly, where wear and tear is typically more gradual. It's also happening to both me and my wife and the same time, which seems very coincidental if that's the case.

While i fully empathize with you in your situation, the only solution that seems to actually work is replace the battery. Unfortunately, Samsung and everyone else goes out of their way to ensure you can't.:mad:

Yeah, I was not happy when I found out the S7 no longer had the removable battery...that was always a big reason I liked Android over Apple. I guess I'll have to investigate replacing the battery, but I suspect it would be more expensive that would be worth it to me.

Upvote 0
Charging from 40% to 80% makes absolutely no sense to me at all. No way in hell I would charge my phone more frequently and less used that way. I always charge to 100% and drain to 20% with never any issues at all. This 40% to 80% is just bogus and wasted of time, and you hardly use phone when doing. Unless, you use it while charging and that overheats phone and that is even worse to do.

I would rather get as much use on my phone as much as possible, and charge less often. I do not follow things that make absolute no sense at all. I am not the only one that does it the way I do it, and have no issues with battery either. Now, I can understand using a car charge could mess battery up because it depends on a very high powered car battery to charge from and that could easily cause issues to a phone battery.

People that use car chargers tend to charge their phone every single time getting in the car even if the phone is at 80 or 90% from full. That is stupid too. I do not care if you say more frequent charges are better. I rather make the battery work for as long as possible not do unnecessary charges. I get between 2 and half days to 3 days battery usage and regular usage.

Upvote 0
Both my wife and I have S7 Edge phones from AT&T. I've noticed my battery life has been terrible lately (it seems okay on standby, but any use at all drains it like crazy), so tried a factory reset over the weekend to no avail. My wife mentioned last night that hers has also been bad so I'm wondering if a recent updated may have caused this. Has anyone else noticed this, or perhaps even know a fix?

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, then the battery completely died, also on ATT. I went to youtube, and then went to my favorite parts store, bought the battery for $14.99 and replaced it myself. I would not bet it is still water tight but it beats the fee for insurance replacement and considering you get a broken/repaired phone. Well I will just keep my phone and fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones