• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery life fix updated

This is a real newbie question....:rolleyes: but is there a way to see the percentage of battery life remaining? When I click on the battery icon I don't get a read out which I would expect.

Or is there an app to add the percentage remaining life view to the phone?

Thanks.

Battery Status Pro puts a small icon in your notification bar showing percentage. It changes to red at 30% to warn you.

Upvote 0
I know it's a bad pic because there's a million things in my notification bar, but you get the idea. It's the one that says "72."

ScreenShot-1.png

Reactions: D5Ful
Upvote 0
This is a real newbie question....:rolleyes: but is there a way to see the percentage of battery life remaining? When I click on the battery icon I don't get a read out which I would expect.

Or is there an app to add the percentage remaining life view to the phone?

Thanks.

Root your phone and flash a custom ROM like the Syndicate Frozen :)

Reactions: D5Ful
Upvote 0
I went to get Battery Status Pro in the Market and the fee was $.90 but then a HK $7.00 fee was added---What is that? And what would be the difference versus the free app- SysTray Monitor. Will I get Ads with the free app?

Not sure about that. But before I rooted I used to use this free battery stat widget. BattStatt Free - Android app on AppBrain and I later moved to this one, which is pretty cool because you can use it for pretty much anything you want. Elixir - Android app on AppBrain

Neither will be in your system tray but at least you get your battery life displayed in a percentage.

Not sure if you're on twitter, but I find out about a lot of apps that way. I follow a few different droid tweeters and even created a list for them so I can go back and see what I may have missed when I'm working.

Upvote 0
when you can get 2 extra non-OEM batteries plus a charger all for $8.99, shipped, from Ebay!!!

I did the research and asked questions of those who've tried out the non-OEM batteries and ALL have said the batteries are the same if not BETTER.

Save the worry, buy the batteries

Hi, I am curious.....was this shipped from China/Hong Kong? Those are the only sellers I am seeing with this deal....it says shipping could take up to 4 weeks, how long did it actually take for you?

Upvote 0
Hi I am very new to the epic and not happy at all with the battery life. Started investing the phone more yesterday and seen that it has a spot in sprint zone that says a update is available which is the profile update...tried it 3 times yesterday with it ending in a error..error No Service Error...pulled battery tried again same thing finally called sprint today tried a few things for them to take it into the store. So sick of having to go to the store for every little issue..any thoughts on it would be very helpful...Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones