1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery life has gone to shit

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jasondhsd, Sep 22, 2011.

1. jasondhsd

jasondhsd Member

Been on battery for 2h 44min. According to battery manager, 47% usage from 14min voice call, 18% from facebook, 11% from Display, 7% phone idle, etc. Facebook is set to update every hour, unless of course I check it manually but haven't been doing that anymore then I normally did and I would get around 10hrs or so before I would get the 15% warning. I would be considered a fairly heavy user and carry a spare battery around to swap out but the last few days I barely go through the day work day with both batteries. Any ideas? Sort of thinking facebook at this point, I noticed it was accessing the GPS quite often. Always had GPS enabled and never had a problem with battery life before. I know the facebook app was updated a few days ago which would correspond with the battery life issue. Anyone know if Facebook accessing GPS is a new "feature"? And is there anyway to turn it off with out turning off gps completely? Thanks

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews