1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Battery Life (Help!!)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mcjo236, May 29, 2015.

1. mcjo236

mcjo236 Lurker

Hello!

I got a Galaxy s6 about a week ago and made the official switch from Apple to Android. So far I'm absolutely loving it, except for one thing- the battery life. At first I was dealing with it because I had read reviews about the not so great battery on the s6 but now I'm wondering if something is wrong with my phone.

By the time I wake up and unplug my phone to the time I arrive at work (basically a 30 min window) my phone will have dropped 10% and I will have only checked my texts when I woke up.

Last night I went to bed with about a 75% charge and I woke up with it at 20%.

Is this normal? Should I go get it checked out?

Advertisement

2. gynormus

gynormus Member

No it's not. Mine drops 2% in 30 min and only about 10% overnight. I'd get a new one if i were you. They are also patching it there are memory leaks, and bug fixes so thats coming anytime now from the carriers

nicolett likes this.
  3. nicolett

nicolett Newbie

I'm having the same issue with mine. The battery drains even when I'm not using it.

4. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Try turning off enhanced 4G.

Data usage/mobile data/Enhanced 4G LTE services space space – uncheck

5. nicolett

nicolett Newbie

I don't see this option in my settings.

6. officialtom

officialtom Newbie

Had the same problem and tried disabling apps, turning off wifi and location, etc. Couldn't get it any better. It would drain 10-20% per hour, and at least 40% at night when sitting idle. Solution: factory reset the phone. I did it on day 5, and now my S6 lasts longer than my iPhone 5S did.

7. Wakabayashi

Wakabayashi Lurker

Go to Phone-> more->Settings-> Voice over LTE settings this is Tmobile version

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.