• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life/Indicator acting weird

lollikeduhh

Lurker
Sep 21, 2011
Hey there. New guy here. wondering if anyone can help me.

so i had my phone and it would charge. but out of no where it when i would charge it, it would drain the battery instead of charging it. i got a replacement in the mail. i kept the battery and back plate and got the new phone. so now i'm using this new phone and i dont really know if this is good but this phone has been on, keep in mind i have been using wifi and a bunch of apps. and the battery hasnt died yet. i try and charge it and it says fully charged. this is my third mytouch within a week. anyone know whats going on? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Let me make sure I'm understanding this. Your first phone would charge but then the battery would die quickly. You got a new phone but instead of replacing the battery you used the old one?

My only assumption would be that you got a defective battery although I don't know how common that is. I would say go to your local tmobile store and ask them for a replacement battery to see if that's the case. Hopefully they won't charge you once you explain the situation and hopefully your warranty covers this.

But before that try letting your phone battery completely die off. After this let it charge to full before turning it on and seeing how it's doing.

How long exactly has it been running without the battery bar dropping? The MT4G battery bar doesn't drop slowly as the battery starts to die out, instead it drops in increments after certain percentages have been used.

Hope you sort this out asap since I know it can get frustrating. A last resort would be to root your phone. If you go this route might I suggest flashing Virtuous Unity which can be found here;

Virtuous ROM: Virtuous Unity Released

Tutorials on how to root can be found in the "All things root" section here. If you need further help feel free to PM me and I can give you the "how to" videos I followed to first root my phone and run my first custom rom.

Upvote 0
Okay this it how it is. hope i explain better now

The first phone that had the problem started out like this.i would charge my phone and instead of the phone charging my battery it would drain the battery(i.e-it would be at 70 percent then drop down every couple seconds.)

I went to tmobile and i told the person there what was going on. He sent me a phone over mail. i received it and it was just the phone. i had to take the battery from the previous phone and use it on the new phone. with the new phone it got worse. it would say it was battery full. then it starts draining rapidly. i charge it. it turns on and for some reason it says 100 percent. then starts draining again.

I though it was the battery also. so the tmoble person gave me a brand new battery to try and it STILL happened. I hope this explained.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones