• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life infinitely better

I found the OTA had the opposite effect for me. With the leaked 2.2, I was easily getting 35+ hours with what I would call moderate use. (Screen usually on for about 4 hours set on auto brightness) When I switched to the OTA, Im now only getting about 15hours...if that. My phone reads right now 30% 10h 13m 27s unlpugged Display has been on for just over an hour and is manually set at 60%. The OTA has been nothing but a pain in my ass compared to the leak.

Upvote 0
After my phone settled down from the update, after being unplugged for 16 hours yesterday, I still had 70% last night !!! i do have the extended battery, but i have NEVER had this much left! i would normally be down to 40% on an average.
I also don't use app killers or anything...the phone does it for you already!

Upvote 0
My battery life is not as good as with 2.1. I used to turn my phone on at 6am and it would still be 60% - 70% in the evening. Now it's 30% - 40% if I'm lucky.

I did notice that 2.2 runs a lot more stuff in the background than 2.1 did. When I used task killer on 2.1 it would kill 3 to 5 items. Now it kills 8 - 12. Would that affect battery life?

Any suggestions on what to look for that may be draining my battery?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
My battery life is getting better and better each day.

3-4 Phone Calls, 3-4 Txt Messages, Browsing on the internet for a minute, messing with the phone settings..

BatteryLife.jpg

Upvote 0
My extended battery hasn't performed as well as my original battery, which would get me 3 days with light use or fully charge before going to bed and still have 100% in the morning. I think I probably installed too many apps or apps that caused more background processing. I'm going to try my old battery for a couple days to compare tho.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones