1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery life issue

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by dream4755, Apr 21, 2012.

1. dream4755

dream4755 Lurker

Battery life of my LG pheonix p505r is very short now, standby time only 24hrs, but it was longer ever before, about 3 days.

I used ATK to prolong my battery life but it didn't work. In addition, I don't think I set up something on the phone when the battery life was 3 days. In addition, I even turned off wifi which consumes 39% of battery according to the battery use, but the situation didn't change.

At present I have no idea what the problem is. Could someone help me? Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

I do this to hold things down, maybe they’ll help you:

JuiceDefender Plus to turn off unused stuff (that I could do myself but won’t)
    Brightness Widget - Backlight! to keep the display at 30% unless in sunlight
    Connection Manager to turn data off when unnecessary

...but 24 hours ain’t bad, three days is jaw-dropping.

3. danaj

danaj Android Enthusiast

Also, Task Killers do more harm then good, don't use them!

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Task Killers reduce battery life, not prolong it. The more you use a task killer, the more your battery life decreases. How old is the battery?

5. Android26

Android26 Android Enthusiast

24 hours is good! I'll +1 to that

But the killers are the screen and the data. If you're really serious about squeezing out some additional hours, I'd say keep your screen brightness as low as possible at all times. When you're out in the sun that obviously might not be an option, but most of the time you'd be surprised. When you're going to sleep at night you might even wanna get the app Screen Filter to lower the brightness down below the lowest that your phone can go. Also, data can be a real killer, so if you play online games or surf the web a lot, etc (if at all possible) you might want to turn data off at nights or in the evenings to try and balance things out. Live wallpapers can sometimes really be a drag on your battery, but other than what I've just mentioned, you're really wasting your time "penny pinching" (unless there is some rogue app on your phone thats draining you like crazy). Task killers are unnecessary, your phone is not a Windows pc.

Just my thoughts. Hope I helped.

6. dream4755

dream4755 Lurker

I bought my cell phone last Nov, so the battery is only five months.