1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery Life Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by muraad, Dec 29, 2013.

1. muraad

muraad Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2013
    Hello all, this is my first time on this forum. Recently my phone has been acting up. The battery drains extremely fast, it can go from 80% to 75% in 3 minutes. It wasn't like that a couple of days ago so I roamed around the internet trying to look for answers. I thought it might of been an application that I downloaded so I tried Factory Reset twice with no results. I bought two new batteries and yet I still have the same problem. I tried resetting again but nothing happened. When I go in settings > battery > it shows that my Phone (green logo) uses 41% while the rest are at like 21, 10 etc. Is it suppose to be like that? Also that status of my battery says "Discharging", is that normal? I know many people have asked already but please help me. :/
    Thank you in advanced.

[​IMG]

As you can see the "Phone" is at 40%, how do I reduce it? It seems that that is the main problem.

Advertisement

2. muraad

muraad Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2013
    I forgot to mention my brightness is at its lowest, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc are turned off most of the time.

3. GalaxyTDM

GalaxyTDM Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 15, 2010
    Engineering
    Wales
    Try cleaning your charging port with a clean dry toothbrush then blowing out anything that may still be loose in there.

4. muraad

muraad Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2013
    Thank you but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I think it's because my Calling/Phone (com.android.phone) is being used for more than 40%. I tried force stopping it and everything. I'm not even using it.

5. GalaxyTDM

GalaxyTDM Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 15, 2010
    Engineering
    Wales
    You'd be surprised what a dirty port can do. When mine is dirty it turns on driving mode at random.

6. muraad

muraad Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2013
    I tried it and it didn't change anything. It's not my charging port though, it's something in the phone.

7. bjellys

bjellys Newbie
    None

Oct 31, 2010
    muraad I had all your problems and the phone kept turning off I replaced the battery for a new one off ebay and phone is perfect again.