1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Life Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by muraad, Dec 29, 2013.

1. muraad

muraad Lurker

Hello all, this is my first time on this forum. Recently my phone has been acting up. The battery drains extremely fast, it can go from 80% to 75% in 3 minutes. It wasn't like that a couple of days ago so I roamed around the internet trying to look for answers. I thought it might of been an application that I downloaded so I tried Factory Reset twice with no results. I bought two new batteries and yet I still have the same problem. I tried resetting again but nothing happened. When I go in settings > battery > it shows that my Phone (green logo) uses 41% while the rest are at like 21, 10 etc. Is it suppose to be like that? Also that status of my battery says "Discharging", is that normal? I know many people have asked already but please help me. :/
    Thank you in advanced.

[​IMG]

As you can see the "Phone" is at 40%, how do I reduce it? It seems that that is the main problem.

2. muraad

muraad Lurker

I forgot to mention my brightness is at its lowest, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc are turned off most of the time.

3. GalaxyTDM

GalaxyTDM Well-Known Member

Try cleaning your charging port with a clean dry toothbrush then blowing out anything that may still be loose in there.

4. muraad

muraad Lurker

Thank you but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I think it's because my Calling/Phone (com.android.phone) is being used for more than 40%. I tried force stopping it and everything. I'm not even using it.

5. GalaxyTDM

GalaxyTDM Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised what a dirty port can do. When mine is dirty it turns on driving mode at random.

6. muraad

muraad Lurker

I tried it and it didn't change anything. It's not my charging port though, it's something in the phone.

7. bjellys

bjellys Newbie

muraad I had all your problems and the phone kept turning off I replaced the battery for a new one off ebay and phone is perfect again.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews