1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery life Mesmerize. Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smp11, Feb 21, 2011.

1. smp11

smp11 Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    I love my Mesmerize, but the battery life is horrible. I'm lucky to get 3- 4 hours out of it. I have tried Advanced Task Killer and I have tried without it. Does not help either way. I have the screen set to turn off after 30 sec, deleted all my widgets. I don't know what to do, I feel like I'm chained to my phone charger. I have only had the phone a few weeks, but I can't keep it if it's only gives me a few hours max. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    My suggestion is to change the settings on background sync. I had the same battery life issues until I changed it to every 3-4 hours. Also make sure you have WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS turned off unless you're actually using those services.

Advanced Task Killer does not help (much) with battery performance. If you have apps set up to sync in the background, ATK will kill them, but they will just restart later on when they want to sync again.

Live wallpapers will also be a drain on battery performance.

3. dixie_boysles

dixie_boysles Member
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    The ATK will work against your phone and actually hurt battery performance. uninstall it

4. smp11

smp11 Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    I will try the sync option, thanks. I have tried both with and without ATK, no difference, and I never have the GPS or wifi on, and no live wallpaper. Just very discouraged, bc I want to love this phone.

5. Stonecoldrn74

Stonecoldrn74 Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Registered nurse
    Wisconsin
    I have live wallpaper, 24/7 gps, and multiple widgets. Get about 10 hours of moderate use. Never use atk or wifi. Make sure screen is on auto brightness. 1 minute for screen timeout is plenty. Make sure you sync is every 4 hours or more. Let your battery get several complete discharge to full charge cycles. Could also be an app that continuously runs. Good luck.

6. Violetlass

Violetlass Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Ues the task manager widget, it will help you see what tasks are still active after you thought you had closed it. TM widget can be found under applications. It helps me alot, my phone battery will last me about 10 hours of off and on all day use.