• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life much better

franlofter

Nov 8, 2008
Hi All,
I have been reading much threads on battery life because i was getting poor battery life with my max, i decided to do the complete drain of battery that i have seen talked about did that and fully recharged my maxx. took it of the charger 14 hours ago with light use little web browsing email and i am at 90% battery life. now of course it was not used for 10 hours through the night. but this seems alot better to me then what i was getting. also i set it to kill data 2 min after sceen timeout.

This may be just because it is my first day with it but I'm at 5% after 12H 48M 11S ... I have been using the phone for every thing today like texting calling downloading apps and eBay. The display (brightness) was on 50% for most of the time if not lower with the dim on, the display has been on for 5h 16m 19s. I also only had LTE on about 25% of the time when I was downloading my apps after that I went back 3G because I didn't need it on.

I hope this is just because it is my first day with it and still getting all my apps back..

Upvote 0
That sounds about right to me mine was hitting 20% after 10 hours of heavy use first couple of days.
I used mine alot tonight video streaming texting emails and im at 24 hours off charger at 70%. so i guess i does get better. this is on wifi im sure if i was on 4g lte my battery would be dead by now. I just wanted to make sure i did not get a bad phone thats what it seemed like the first couple of days but now i know my battery is fine. everyone uses there phone in different ways guess thats why there are so many different battery life results.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones