• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Life - The Good The Bad and The Ugly

Does your phone drop 10% quickly in the morning after a full night of charging?

• Yes

Votes: 436 79.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 74 13.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 40 7.3%

• Total voters
Don't we have enough of these battery threads? Battery life is great, if your having bad battery life your doing something wrong...

snap20100609_203824.png

I am just going to post this picture in all the battery threads from now on because it's really starting to seem like a bunch of iphone fanboys trying to spam the boards with false claims or something.

You keep posting that picture, and I still don't know which app it's a screenshot of :D.

Upvote 0
i dont know what all the complaints are about. It is completely on par to what i would expect from this Massive device. this is not a computer. Its not plugged into a wall 24/7. Learn how to kill apps that arent in use. Understand the power it takes for this phone to function. if you cant understand that keep your bitching to yourself.

trying to compare this to any other device besides the hd2 is crazy.

Love it or leave it.

Upvote 0
After the rash of negative battey threads, I have something positive to say. It charges FAST. I go from dead battery (<%5 charge) to full in less than 2 hours. I also have my settings to the point where I'm comfortable with the battery life. As sort of a test, I took it off the charger with a full charge at 2am last night, went to bed, and made it to 7pm today with normal use. Is it great battery life? No. Is it bad enough to be a dealbreaker? Absolutely not. It's average and that's good enough for me.

Upvote 0
I had about 24 hrs of uptime today with moderate usage. screwed up and turned it off cause of an update which messed up my screenshop op

once it got red i threw on pandora and ALL options i could find to kill the phone completely it lasted about an hour or so once already at 15%. I guess these guys got every option on or something.

so im thinking every option plus streaming for 6 hours. not sure anyone will do that so id say its not bad. moderate phone/web/txt usage lasts me 24hrs. is that poor for smartphones?

Upvote 0
I don't know if I just got a better battery than most people, but I have had 0 problems with battery life. It's better than I expected. I usually end up charging it once during the day just because I can, but I don't need to and I think I could probably get through the day without it. I also use the phone a lot.

Upvote 0
I wasn't impressed by the battery life initially, then I did a total reset of the phone and magically it's been MUCH better for me. Not sure if there was an app running from when they set it up or not, but it does grand now. I wasn't aware of the battery usage page at the time, so didn't check.

Luckily I didn't have much contact info to worry about at the time.

Upvote 0
I'm not saying this is the problem with your battery or that it will fix it, but I just came across this, can't hurt to try eh?

http://androidforums.com/tips-trick...killin-my-battery-life-most-likely-yours.html

Thanks! I saw this last night but then I saw the flickr thing and never got back to the talk one. I did it and will see if it helps. So far I've spent two hours on the phone, with the wifi on at home and I have about half of my battery left.

I have been using the wifi at home, but I can be 3 feet from the router and have 0 or 1 bars and be 5 walls away and have 1 or 2 and it's usually on 0 or 1 no matter where I'm at. It seems like the wifi chip in this phone also sucks ass.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones