• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Life Tips

Why did you stop using it? Do you notice much of a difference without it? I am currently using JuiceDefender Ultimate. My battery life sucks still but oh well. That's why they have extended batteries.

Stopped here also..when using the phone(data) constantly the app is idle anyway. I do still enable the app when driving to work as it blocks data and saves a little juice. Then once I get to work I kill it as I am using data constantly. Why have it running in the background using resources if the phone is using data ya know. :)

Upvote 0
By the time I had purchased my LG I had heard about the short battery life so I just got the double battery as my default batter. with the special cover to accommodate the battery's size, it's a little bulky, but worth it.

Note: my phone rebooted for no reason last night a couple of times, and I left it charging over night, and though plugged in, it does not appear to have charged, nor to be charging,. the percentages are appearing to stay close to the same (11%) but the flashing "battery charging' icon is doing it's thing.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

EDIT:
Ok. it's recharging after all, just REALLY SLOWLY. from 11% to 12% took 20 minutes

Upvote 0
By the time I had purchased my LG I had heard about the short battery life so I just got the double battery as my default batter. with the special cover to accommodate the battery's size, it's a little bulky, but worth it.

Note: my phone rebooted for no reason last night a couple of times, and I left it charging over night, and though plugged in, it does not appear to have charged, nor to be charging,. the percentages are appearing to stay close to the same (11%) but the flashing "battery charging' icon is doing it's thing.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

EDIT:
Ok. it's recharging after all, just REALLY SLOWLY. from 11% to 12% took 20 minutes[/

Here is my take I have the Verizon extended battery yesterday I got 18 hours out of that battery with medium use no games just web browsing some phone calls and texts and that was under wifi and under 4g, I noticed today that I was at 30% left and I change launchers and rebooted and when it came back from reboot it was down to 21% which was weird don't know if anyone else has had this issue but I find it weird I also have Kanaida app, but have not try it I just don't know how some people in here have gotten like 15 hours with a regular battery I mean an extended battery is suppose to give me double and that is what I have notice.

Upvote 0
THE LG ESTEEM EXTENDED BATERY IS A RIP OFF, FOR $50 BUCKS I THOUGH I WAS GOING TO GET A REGULAR USE OF THE PHONE ABOUT 6 TO 7 HOURS OF TALKING, NO AT ALL, IT DRAINS JUST LIKE THE ONE THAT CAME ORIGINALLY WITH THE PHONE, I CANT BELIEVE I FALL FOR THAT STUPID SUGGESTION FROM METRO PCS CUSTOMER SERVICE, I HAVE SO MUCH DISAPOITMENT FOR A PHONE THAT COST $349 PLUS $50 EXTENDED BATTERY, AND FOR WHAT???? FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS TALKING???? I COULD DO THE SAME AND BETTER WITH A $49 DOLLARS PHONE... JUST BECAUSE OF ALL THE GADGETS AND HDMI STUFF??? FEEL STUPID NOW.... :mad:

Upvote 0
THE LG ESTEEM EXTENDED BATERY IS A RIP OFF, FOR $50 BUCKS I THOUGH I WAS GOING TO GET A REGULAR USE OF THE PHONE ABOUT 6 TO 7 HOURS OF TALKING, NO AT ALL, IT DRAINS JUST LIKE THE ONE THAT CAME ORIGINALLY WITH THE PHONE, I CANT BELIEVE I FALL FOR THAT STUPID SUGGESTION FROM METRO PCS CUSTOMER SERVICE, I HAVE SO MUCH DISAPOITMENT FOR A PHONE THAT COST $349 PLUS $50 EXTENDED BATTERY, AND FOR WHAT???? FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS TALKING???? I COULD DO THE SAME AND BETTER WITH A $49 DOLLARS PHONE... JUST BECAUSE OF ALL THE GADGETS AND HDMI STUFF??? FEEL STUPID NOW.... :mad:

You must have a rouge app that is eating your battery life or something. HDMI is not going to run down your battery down unless you are constantly using it. I may not have the Esteem but I do have the Revolution which is the same exact phone. I have an extended battery for it and I get about 18-20 hours of life with moderate/heavy use. With light usage it easily lasts almost 3 days. It's very possible that you might have got a defective battery as well.

Upvote 0
I second That. With my extended battery I easily get 18-23 hrs with above average use and Heavy. If for once I don't use 4G, my phone last ALOT more which makes me want to drain the battery because so much juice is left.

What are your settings like? set cpu? or do you also use any extended battery apps I have the Revolution extended battery with music streaming for about 1 hour text web browsing few calls I average about 10 to 13 hours with 4g all the time under wifi of course more about 16-18 hours I use cpu tuner which I have set a 1.8 max and 369 min I would appreciate some feedback.

Upvote 0
What are your settings like? set cpu? or do you also use any extended battery apps I have the Revolution extended battery with music streaming for about 1 hour text web browsing few calls I average about 10 to 13 hours with 4g all the time under wifi of course more about 16-18 hours I use cpu tuner which I have set a 1.8 max and 369 min I would appreciate some feedback.

first of all. if you are not going to use 4G, DISABLE it. however if you are going to use it then enable it for whatever you are going to use then disable it as you finish.

second. the only app to save battery i use is battery 2x, and that's about it. i have background data off, brightness mostly set to lowest ( i could set it higher depending on the environment). As far as cpu settings, i currently froze SetCPU since i already have ROM toolbox running and it was giving me a few issues. so basically i manage my use of 4G wisely because that is the biggest battery drainer you will ever encounter. Also, i always enable and leave WIFI on when at home or any place with given wifi connection.

ohh, past weeks i did some test on kernels and decided to flash the undervolts version ones since it drain less battery. my cpu speed are set to 1.6ghz as max and 365mhz min with smoothas-s and on demand scaling. most time i forget to charge my phone and it last more than a day, i'll say 99% of the time.

for the record im using the verizon 2900mah battery.

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones