1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery life % to show on the status bar?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jsuh84, Dec 20, 2009.

1. jsuh84

jsuh84 Newbie

I'm looking for an app that'll allow the default status bar on my Droid to show the battery life in percentages.

I KNOW I've seen a screenshot of this somewhere, but I can't seem to do a search here or find it on the Marketplace.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. BottledHate

BottledHate Android Enthusiast

It might have been a screen replacement app like ahome, panda, or simillar. They have lots of customization. I'm not aware of anything that lets you alter the default notification bar this way. There are a lot of widgets that display the way you are asking.

3. nate94gt

nate94gt Newbie

theres an app called battery percentage. But it shows up in the notification bar, kinda *** IMO. doesnt replace the actual icon, but i hope that will happen now that its been rooted

4. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

I use Battery Indicator.

[​IMG]

5. superdesi

superdesi Android Enthusiast

awesome find been looking for a free app like this for some time, only saw the paid version of it until now. Thanks!

6. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member

I use battery status-free. I don't use the percentage feature on the status bar but I know that it has an option to turn it on. It won't replace the regular battery icon on the top right but it'll add a new one on the top left.

7. dunjamon

dunjamon Android Enthusiast

I use this too...but it only reports in 10% (e.g. 10%, 20%, 30%...)

8. mojo_droid

mojo_droid Lurker

the app "battery status bar" will show battery level percentages in the status bar. It only reports in levels of 10%, but that is because that is all android provides. unfortunately android does not provide EXACT percentages :(

9. Jodiuh

Jodiuh Member

Battery Indicator seems best here. I like % by the digit in the status bar. Incredible here.

10. jmsnyc

jmsnyc Newbie

I agree, I was using something else, battery check or something but it only showed as a widget, not in the status bar.

BI shows the exact % for me in the status bar on the Epic but if it rounded by 10% I wouldnt care. I doubt I will ever see like 7% anyway because if it gets down to 10% its pretty much gonna die very shortly anyway - to the nearest ten % should be more than enough info you need about your battery. Only usefulness if you want to check if it is 100% full, when I charge it with the charge - it only goes to about 98%, when I use a seperate charge and put the battery in I get 100%

11. Jodiuh

Jodiuh Member

Well, I'm using a custom rom that puts a circle up top w/ the percentage.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews