• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life way worse

Linx

Apr 14, 2010
I've had my Evo for about 2 months now and the battery life wasn't so great. Being that I'm coming from a Hero, it wasn't surprising. But the past week its got incredibly worse. I've done the battery conditioning thing and have a auto task killer. But for example, i got 4 hrs and 17m on one battery today with VERY MINIMAL use. I had bought a back up battery and that has about the same life. I've never rooted and really considering it now. Is 2.2 rootable yet?

I see auto task killer in that list... I know what your problem is. If you're running Android, above 1.6, get rid of it. It only causes problems like this. Froyo exasperates this because it handles apps differently, and auto killing only makes things bad because it's then forced to reopen everything every time it kills everything.

Upvote 0
I see auto task killer in that list... I know what your problem is. If you're running Android, above 1.6, get rid of it. It only causes problems like this. Froyo exasperates this because it handles apps differently, and auto killing only makes things bad because it's then forced to reopen everything every time it kills everything.

+1
I stopped using ATK and have noticed great improvements.
Something is definitely running, because i havent done any conditioning or tricks other than turning certain things off i dont need and managing power and i get 12+ hours easy, more if i try.

Upvote 0
I don't have a task killer and my battery life is decent, definitely better since I installed it. Also, what seemed to make the biggest difference in my battery life is using wifi whenever it is available and turning off the 3g radio when using wifi. Huge difference. I can make yet through the workday and them some on one charge with moderate use. However, if your work doesn't have wifi, then it would be harder to do...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones