• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life..

Tablets have bigger batteries than phones, but also bigger screens (the largest single battery drain). The biggest difference is that I guess most tablets are used less than most phones. How often do you charge it, compared with how often you charge the phone? Fewer charge cycles = less wear = better condition.

Tablet batteries and phone batteries are the same technology, so any difference really has to come down to usage, which is mainly a matter of how many times it has been charged and discharged.

Upvote 0
All batteries age, that's just an unavoidable fact so your tablet's battery is going to eventually fail and it's just a matter of when. Determining just how long it will last is pretty much impossible. There are dozens of variables involved so start off with the battery's capacity size (xxxxx mAh) as a base, than factor in your typical usage of the tablet each day -- casual assess to social media services? watching streaming online content? watch locally stored media content? high res, standard res, low res? ebook reader? Any or all of these examples will use different amounts of battery power and depending on how much the battery gets used has a direct affect on its longevity. But don't let the battery get too much consideration. Keep using your tablet as much as you can and get your money's worth out of it.

Upvote 0
All batteries age, that's just an unavoidable fact so your tablet's battery is going to eventually fail and it's just a matter of when. Determining just how long it will last is pretty much impossible. There are dozens of variables involved so start off with the battery's capacity size (xxxxx mAh) as a base, than factor in your typical usage of the tablet each day -- casual assess to social media services? watching streaming online content? watch locally stored media content? high res, standard res, low res? ebook reader? Any or all of these examples will use different amounts of battery power and depending on how much the battery gets used has a direct affect on its longevity. But don't let the battery get too much consideration. Keep using your tablet as much as you can and get your money's worth out of it.
No online content streaming in ages, low res, only google books every once a spell, I sometimes scroll through my Instangram page, I use it mostly for artwork and typing for the most part of it, and keep a timer on for my instangram videos.

Upvote 0
It is a sad fact that these devices will not function without a useful battery, even when plugged in.

The batteries will eventually die whether they are used or not.

That is why it is best to just use and enjoy the things until they go kaput, then replace them.

This is bad for the devices and the environment, but it is best for the user- any worries about the batteries is a waste- and once that is accepted the release of pressure on the well-being of the user can truely be felt.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
It is a sad fact that these devices will not function without a useful battery, even when plugged in.

The batteries will eventually die whether they are used or not.

That is why it is best to just use and enjoy the things until they go kaput, then replace them.

This is bad for the devices and the environment, but it is best for the user- any worries about the batteries is a waste- and once that is accepted the release of pressure on the well-being of the user can truely be felt.
Really a heartfelt moment brought you by Puppykicker, of where he saids "This is bad for the devices and the environment. But it is best for the user."
I thank you for your heartfelt reply.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
I just relized it has been a few years since I did bought my tablet, how long will the battery last?
It is still in top condition though, is a tablet different then a cell though?

People mainly love using tablets instead of smartphones because they're portable, lightweight, and still offer a big-screen experience.

Tablets have a shorter lifespan. They can last for up to two years before requiring frequent maintenance if the software is not updated. Most tablets have this problem. It either starts to hang more often, works slowly, or displays signs of malfunction.

When it comes to battery life, most tablets outperform smartphones. Its battery life is better than that of laptops! While smartphones are struggling to deliver on battery life, tablets, on the other hand, appear to last indefinitely even when pushed to their limits.

Upvote 0
People mainly love using tablets instead of smartphones because they're portable, lightweight, and still offer a big-screen experience.

Tablets have a shorter lifespan. They can last for up to two years before requiring frequent maintenance if the software is not updated. Most tablets have this problem. It either starts to hang more often, works slowly, or displays signs of malfunction.

When it comes to battery life, most tablets outperform smartphones. Its battery life is better than that of laptops! While smartphones are struggling to deliver on battery life, tablets, on the other hand, appear to last indefinitely even when pushed to their limits.
Mine is already updated the last time, it was a few spells ago :) I only use it instead of just scrolling onwards on here, and just post up more bat crazyiness I can on here :) xo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones