• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery life

shivanshu

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Ok so i got my desire the day before yesterday. I've been concerned and worried about apps running in the background and draining the battery life. I tried installing Advanced Task Killer for this. Today morning I got a mail from Lifehacker telling about the downsides of apps like these.

The Lifehacker recommended me to download Watchdog.

Will the Watchdog app or the Advanced Task Killer app help me in conserving battery life?

uninstall task killers. You dont need to be concerned about apps running in the background. Android manages these. The only background apps that should concern you are ones that connect to the internet and Sync.

each of these apps should have settings where you can change the frequency of these synchronisations, which will save battery

There are actually a lot of battery threads in this forum. If you use search, you will find a lot of tips on how best to conserve battery power.

Welcome to the forums

Reactions: shivanshu
Upvote 0
I've been concerned and worried about apps running in the background and draining the battery life.

danfrance is 100% correct but just to clarify:

unless the apps are doing something like synching online (which you can prevent) the apps are not "running and draining the battery". They are stored in memory. This actually saves battery life.

Let android do its android thing.

Reactions: shivanshu
Upvote 0
There was a project across all phone forums to limit to 1 sticky per forum, which would contain links to poignant threads.

Not sure where ours has gone though
I guess you are referring to my post...

Important and useful threads should be stickied.

Not only make things easier to find (vBulletin sucks when it comes to searching) but, it would also save a lot of bandwidth by eliminating redundant threads!! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones