• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Battery Life

tdubois65

Lurker
May 20, 2011
I have an Evo and was very frustrated feeling like I had to be tethered to an electrical outlet whenever possible to prevent my Evo from dying when I needed it most. I could not get through a day of work (8 hours) without charging. I bought one of those extended batteries with a larger cover on eBay for less than $1 plus about $9 in S&H. I've gone 24 hours now without charging and still have half of the battery left. The retail price for one of these batteries is over $50. I'm extremely pleased with the battery I received and it's performance. on eBay, search for "Evo extended battery" Some sellers are overseas (Asia) and may take 3-4 weeks to ship to US addresses.

My only complaint is solved! I Love my Evo!

Reactions: star2011
Extended battery isn't required unless you want to walk around with 3G/4G on all day long. And you didn't go into your apps and adjust their send/receive data schedules. You can walk around with wifi and GPS on all day long as long as apps are not using those radios. But what do I know.

Basically if you want to use the best features you need the extended battery if you want to use it as a old just phone type of thing you do not need an extended battery.

I bought 2 extra ones like the stock for 10bucks plus shipping and handling so I can run my Evo all day long.

Upvote 0
I've been using an extended battery for months. I leave 4G on all day when I can get signal (I get 4G about 75% of the places I am most of the time). I don't limit anything I want any more. I'm content knowing that I get a full day of maximum use and just need to recharge while I sleep. I stream radio for a minumum of 2 hours every day too.

Bottomline, extended battery allows me to use Evo the way I want. I don't expect it to last 2+ days, but it also easily does that when I'm outside 4G coverage and just my phone for quick email/surfing sessions and calls.

Couldn't be happier with my Seidio extended battery. I wish is was cheaper, but it's still been worth even the premium price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones