1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Life...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by square, May 22, 2011.

1. square

square Android Enthusiast

How has it been for you?

Pretty excellent for me...seems to drop about 10% every 2 hours with light to moderate use (at home with wifi/bt on).

Battery life was the main reason I went with the x2 over the thunderbolt (based on the x1's reported battery). So far, i'm pleased.

This is with performance mode enabled under battery mode, so I can only assume it could get better if i used one of the battery saver modes.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. John58543

John58543 Android Enthusiast

Good so far. Is only showing 10% intervals on battery indicators a Motorola thing? My Eris showed percentage changes in 1% increments.

Battery life on this phone is great and probably even better if rooted...

3. square

square Android Enthusiast

yeah...my original droid only showed 10% increments.

5.5 hours off the charger and i'm at 80%...that's with texting/emailing/and streaming music from the amazon cloud (over wifi) for the past 90 mininutes.

4. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Contrary to people assuming the Tegra 2 eats more power than single cores, it is the opposite. Tegra 2 is both more powerful and more power efficient than the 8655 in the Inc 2, Rev and TB.

5. mrfixitx

mrfixitx Newbie

Battery life seems pretty good. Its been off the charger 6 & 1/2 hours of fairly regular use installing apps, surfing etc... for a good portion of it and I am now at 66%.

6. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

Wife went all day (starting at 7AM) off charger, at work where the lack of a good 3G signal (lots of hunting) just used to eat her Blackberry battery alive, and at 9:00 PM she had about 40% left. Really great performance in very trying conditions.

7. ZeroOveride

ZeroOveride Member

Only time I see my battery drop is when I play Angry Birds for an hour. Otherwise with Push e-mail (5 accounts in K9), gmail, sync, WiFi and Bluetooth running It makes it through the day without issue.

8. bradyapba

bradyapba Well-Known Member

Where are you guys finding the % of battery life left? I cant find it anywhere. Its not under battery usage like that driod X is.

9. tune78

tune78 Newbie

wrong forum o ops

10. dguy

dguy Android Expert

You can find it if you go to settings, about phone, status.

bradyapba likes this.
  11. bradyapba

Awesome! Found it! What a stupid place for it. It should be with the battery stuff. thanks Dguy.

12. bradyapba

So after my 1st full charge, heres what I got.

1st 5-6 hours, of heavy use, downloaded 15 or so apps, played games, played around on the phone constantly, emails, settings, surfing, facebook, txts, playing with apps, etc. Next 5-6 was light use, txting, emails, some light gaming... next 5 or so hours was more moderate use, downloaded some more apps, played in the settings, emails, txts, games, surf, emails, etc.

Right at the 17 hour mark, i was down to 10%.

This was on performance mode.

17 hours is amazing to me, coming from my D2, which would of been down to 10% after 5-6 hours of use.

So, after 1st full day of using it, im pretty happy.

13. jntdroid

jntdroid Android Enthusiast

I haven't tinkered with the modes at all... I would imagine that helps... lol - duh?

Motorola Droid X2 Forum

The Motorola Droid X2 release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1540mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews