• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life???

Haven't received mine yet from verizonwireless.com. (When you order something with Fedex 2nd day delivery on the day before a holiday weekend, you get Fedex 5th day.)

This review is pretty good: Verizon LG Revolution review -The best 4G LTE phone?

They report 8 hours with little use and 6 hours with heavy use. I've read other reviews that say it's not as bad as the TB and seems better than the average for LTE devices. We'll see. - MarkC

Upvote 0
Since Revolution was released only a few days ago, it's too early to tell. But early feedback from some users on this forum and others look pretty good. One of our fellow reported that he got 63% left after 8 hrs of moderate usage. Another guy at other forum reported 61% left after 4 hrs of 4G usage. That's not bad for phone of this caliber with 4G LTE. Tbolt drains faster that that without heavy tweaking.

Actually I don't know any high end android phone that battery issue, concern was not raised. As always it depends greatly on location, setting and usage pattern though comparison between phones can be made under the same condition. Early reviews of Droid Charge reported about 20hrs. Then some Charges here reported about only 7~8 hours, marginally better than Tbolt. Looks like my friends with Evo4G, Tbolt got used to charging twice per day. Maybe I need to adjust my life style for charging twice too if I get 4G phone like this.

Upvote 0
There's a toggle for turning 4G off... i know i saw it somewhere.

Battery life:

Thunderbolt dropped to like 60% after being in standby for two hours (from full charge)
Revo: From full charge, unplugged an put in standby for two hours, 95%
Grabbed it, downloaded about 10 apps from my dropbox (over 3G), installed them all, set up accounts, tested, after 13 minutes, dropped to 88%. Just remember, this is pretty resource and data intensive stuff, so it will drain it a bit. But all in all, seems pretty good. More later.

Upvote 0
I charged the LG Revo to 100% last night, at Midnight, unplugged phone from charger, turned off mobile data, l woke up at 8 AM, phone still had 100% charge. Note this is the third full charge on this phone since I bought it Thursday morning. I discharged the phone down to 7% before charging last night. At 8 AM, I turned on mobile data (3G 4 bars), checked email, wrote email, and just checked the charge at 1 PM (5 hours later) it is sitting at 79% charge. I am seeing better battery life on this than HTC TB, but not quite the same I had on Charge.

Upvote 0
Well, I am going in tonight to trade my TB in for a Droid Charge, but I was looking at the Revo while I was in there an I REALLY like the phone. I wish I would have waited til this came out and tried it before I chose the TB. I dont know what all the fuss is about the screen not looking good cause when I was looking at all 3 side by side I thought it had a better screen than the TB. Im almost thinking about canceling the contract all together and picking this up. Or seeing what the outright price is cause I was SUPER surprised on how smooth the phone ran. If anyone is thinking about picking it up they should.

Upvote 0
The battery at 6PM is at 50%, so from 100% Charge, pulled plug at Midnight to 8 AM, it maintained 100%, and has dropped to 50% over 10 hours of moderate 3G usage- Email typing, reading, RSS, browsing, phone calls, texts, and blogging. I will say this... On 3G, I am getting full bars out where I live, never got that from any other phone. So that fact helps battery life too. Will answer questions and post any new revelations. I talk about the phone more in my comparison thread to Charge and Incredible 2.

Reactions: stetsonaw
Upvote 0
There's a toggle for turning 4G off... i know i saw it somewhere.

Battery life:

Thunderbolt dropped to like 60% after being in standby for two hours (from full charge)
Revo: From full charge, unplugged an put in standby for two hours, 95%
Grabbed it, downloaded about 10 apps from my dropbox (over 3G), installed them all, set up accounts, tested, after 13 minutes, dropped to 88%. Just remember, this is pretty resource and data intensive stuff, so it will drain it a bit. But all in all, seems pretty good. More later.

after being off charge for 6 hours, drove for about a half hour, screen on while phone was in the car dock, playing SD card music over bluetooth, threw a manual reboot in there for kicks. then dropped it back into my console and came back to work. currently, after being off charge for 10.5 hours, i'm at 40%.

That said, phone status is as follows (and has been the same all day save when i was using it, then only difference was that the screen was on and i was doing stuff):
WiFi on but not connected
Data (3G) on and connected
GPS off
Location services on
screen off

So def doing pretty good in comparison to my D1 and the TB.

Upvote 0
Ok something is wrong with my Revo then. I took it off the charger last night around 7pm at 100%. I went to sleep and woke up at 4am the phone was unused the entire time and it's now at 36%. I also noticed when i was tethering it to my ipad while it was plugged in the battery wasn't charging it was still draining very slowly though. So i'm not sure if it's the phone, the battery or an app that's causing this?

Upvote 0
I went to bed last night at midnight, had 25% left from 24 hours of usage. I am hoping that as the battery gets conditioned it will hold a better charge, like the Droid Charge did after my 5-6th charging. As for my worst battery sucking app on the first charge sessions was the Accuweather App, it was consuming 70% of my battery, it was right out... Anyone know of the least thirsty weather app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones