1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jlm41, Jun 6, 2011.

1. jlm41

jlm41 Newbie
    None

May 17, 2011
    I have my TB for almost 1 month now.
    Like everyone else, I am extremely happy with it except battery life.

My phone is non rooted. I have read through all the battery threads on this site. And implemented most all suggestions except rooting the phone.

Currently, I can get 3 hours of activity out of phone. If I am streaming music, browsing internet or playing games then in about 3 hours battery goes dead.

How many hours of active data use you guys are getting out of your phone?

Advertisement

2. Whatstreet

Whatstreet Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Fremont, CA
    My screen uses most of the power, so if I'm viewing the screen the battery lasts about the same as you. Battery saving methods mostly help eddy e power when not being activally used.

The best fix is to be docked or have a bigger and or extra battery. By the way everyone I know with a smart phone has this problem because the display is the biggest hit.

3. Bman123

Bman123 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    3 Hours of actual use sounds right for playing games, I would imagine browsing over wifi the battery would last longer then 3 hours tho

4. elements

elements Member
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    That is what I get. No games but steady moderate use I get 4 hours. Normally I have to recharge at least two times a day. I carry one of those external chargers yo give me almost a full charge if I'm not near a power source. Its a real pain.

5. Viper505

Viper505 Newbie
    None

May 6, 2011
    If battery life only 3-4 hours under moderate use check this. Update Blockbuster application and then disable auto update in it's menu. Go to Applications, Running and kill "PvmtpServiceStart" if it is active. You have to do this whenever your phone is restarted, I check mine daily. It's a definite battery drain.

WA_Bob likes this.