• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Is this with Juice Defender or any other such program?

No dis but hows bout we change it to NOBLED ( New Optimus' Battery Life Extender Doctrine)

No Juice Defender or any battery app. I have tried them all except for Tasker. I am too lazy to read the docs but it sounds wonderful.

I believe that part of my problem is that my Boost signal at home is really low and this is putting a drain on the battery. I just went to eat at a restaurant that is less than a mile from my house. I got the BEST signal I have ever gotten and the Speedtest was 1627kbps download and 627kbps upload. At home earlier I got 116 and 381. I never got signals that high before with the fried phone. At home, they vary wildly, but never over about 600 download. That restaurant is on the main drag out in the wide open near the center of town in a commercial district. Good Signal.

My house is nestled in some trees as is the whole neighborhood. For years I could pick up WIFI from the church next door but it was better in the Winter when the leaves were gone. Forgive me, Jesus.

And BTW Cheezer, Thanks for the new Acronym. I was hinting for someone with some brain cells to provide one.

Reactions: Cheezee292
Upvote 0
weird I did everything new optimus listed but my phone still has terrible battery life

Your battery life is dependent on a lot of things. If your phone is constantly searching for a signal it will drain the battery and if its constantly searching for a open WiFi. Everybody will have different results based on their geographical locations and phone settings.

I use Juice Defender Plus and Watchdog and I get over double my battery life with my WiFi and GPS enabled. Switching to .8 Slim also extended my battery life over .9 loaded a little

Upvote 0
Your battery life is dependent on a lot of things. If your phone is constantly searching for a signal it will drain the battery and if its constantly searching for a open WiFi. Everybody will have different results based on their geographical locations and phone settings.

I use Juice Defender Plus and Watchdog and I get over double my battery life with my WiFi and GPS enabled. Switching to .8 Slim also extended my battery life over .9 loaded a little

I always keep WiFi, Gps, and location service disabled. i also keep the backlight down too, maybe its because i live in a area i with bad reception.

Upvote 0
I always keep WiFi, Gps, and location service disabled. i also keep the backlight down too, maybe its because i live in a area i with bad reception.
Very possible, one of the biggest contributors to battery drain is searching for service.

To test it try putting the phone in airplane mode for about 10 hours, if you can manage no calls or texts for that long :D
If you battery does not drain very much you know the search for signal is the culprit.

Upvote 0
Very possible, one of the biggest contributors to battery drain is searching for service.

To test it try putting the phone in airplane mode for about 10 hours, if you can manage no calls or texts for that long :D
If you battery does not drain very much you know the search for signal is the culprit.

yea i think its that n also there are two big trees in my backyard so i think thats part of the problem. thanks for the help

Upvote 0
Well, I used the phone a lot last night from 6:30PM till 11:30 and my battery dropped from 90% to 50%. I made two short calls, did some texting, browsing, ran speedtest a lot, downloaded apps, used Titanium Backup a lot. I was constantly fiddling with it. I used WIFI some but mostly 3g.

From 11:30PM until 5:30AM this morning it dropped another 10% while I slept. Phone was on, everything else including sync was off. My signal is usually pretty low. This is definitely better than it was before.

Upvote 0
Even after doing all the battery tweaks , one fact remains ......... the Prevail is a power hungry little critter . If I plan to use my phone a lot throughout the day , you can best believe I'm gonna carry and extra battery with me . I am still very please with my Prevail and you just can't beat the monthly payment . A couple more months and I'll be down to $40 ! WOOOOOO HOOOOOO !!! :D

Upvote 0
Even after doing all the battery tweaks , one fact remains ......... the Prevail is a power hungry little critter . If I plan to use my phone a lot throughout the day , you can best believe I'm gonna carry and extra battery with me . I am still very please with my Prevail and you just can't beat the monthly payment . A couple more months and I'll be down to $40 ! WOOOOOO HOOOOOO !!! :D
No doubt about it, as I said my optimus (which is also modified including running cpu at almost the same speed as the prevail) can last double or longer the time the prevail does.
But there is no getting around the fact my bill is cheaper with boost and data speed blows metro's out of the water.

Upvote 0
Yep. The Prevail likes to drink the juice. I left it in the car today since it is fairly cool and left it in normal mode. That was at 7:30AM. I have driven around town some and got some calls. After almost 32 hours it is down to 30%. Even without Airplane mode it is running very much better than before. Most of the drain was from last night at home and I was on it steady for almost 5 hours.

I think that my record with the old phone was about 24 hours and that was with a lot of attention and coddling and probably pretty much a fluke. Usually I would get about 16 hours max. I am very happy with these results. All because of NOBLE.

This weekend will be interesting since I will be home most of the time in a low signal area. I will probably have it set up like I want it by then so it will sit idle a lot of the time.

edit:

Almost 6PM at home and it is at 29%! I am a believer! that is 36 hours since I took it off the charger after the first charge. I will probably drain it tonight playing with it and start over tommorow.

Upvote 0
Looks like I am getting over 52 hours plus on a battery charge. And that is with normal usage or how I normally use it. Much better than the 16-18 hours I used to fight like hell to get. I believe it is because of the enhancements made by Shabby in the Mods and his Kernel and the other tweaks and order of operations figured out by Optimus.

Upvote 0
fyi....

I've been using juice defender and was getting horrible battery life. With the normal default settings for the app I was getting less than a day's worth with minimal use, actually hardly any use at all. I uninstalled juice defender and now my battery now lasts for over two days with normal use...

Upvote 0
Try Juice Defender Ultimate and slam it into the extreme profile for ultra battery usage. I have it on my prevail with shabby 0.9 and simple green theme and on average i get about 12 hours out of the prevail without charge.

Juice Defender is not needed .. read through this topic I get 2 days of usage without charge following what was posted here

Upvote 0
Juice Defender is not needed .. read through this topic I get 2 days of usage without charge following what was posted here

I get 2+ days of usage from my phone with Juice Defender installed on my modified stock. The backdoor that the kernel closes doesn't even run in the background so it couldn't be eating up juice. You guys are just feeling a placebo effect.

Upvote 0
I get 2+ days of usage from my phone with Juice Defender installed on my modified stock. The backdoor that the kernel closes doesn't even run in the background so it couldn't be eating up juice. You guys are just feeling a placebo effect.

my post was not meant to say Juice defender doesn't work just that it is not needed to achieve better battery life using it or not is individual choice ..

also since myself and others have seen actual increase in battery life it obviously is not a "placebo effect"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones