1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thesea, Jul 5, 2011.

1. thesea

thesea Lurker
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    What sort do you get? Just curious. I've of course seen plenty of mentions and threads about battery life/drain issues with Droid but I'm wondering in a more general way, about what the average experience is... And what the max you've gotten is.

So, what was your battery life when you got your phone, and what is it now? How frequent is your usage? Are you running everything on stock, or no? External charger, or regular? Use any apps to manage it?

Thanks from a curious little heathen

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Not sure why it matters. You won't get statistically meaningful results anyway. If you're worried about battery life then read up on analyzing your usage and making adjustments to improve battery life. It's a balancing act that every Android user needs to do.

I can certainly kill my battery in minutes or have my Droid run all day. Individual usage has a major impact on battery life. Apps only help if they utilize strategies that are relevant to your particular usage.

3. superflybribri

superflybribri Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Male
    Architect
    New Jersey
    I actually found that I got the best battery life by taking it off automatic brightness and moving the slider just down a hair. That way it was still easy to use in the sunlight and gave me some extra battery time.

4. thesea

thesea Lurker
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    @takeshi,

In all honesty? It doesn't matter. Not at all. Like I said, I'm more just wondering. Not really wanting or going for true data here, only curious to hear some different people's experiences.

Sort of for the same reason I like reading about what people have their phones clocked at and what profiles they have set: I find it interesting.

5. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    QA Admin
    SoCal
    Infinity and beyond.