• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jimmysgs2

Aug 27, 2011
Hey folks. I just wanted to share my views on Android 2.3.5. Since I updated to it I have noticed a significant improvement in battery life. I am a light/moderate user and before updating I was able to reach just under 2 days of power. ( Off charge with 100% at say 7am and at 10% or less by 10-11pm the following evening with the phone on all the time and on airplane mode at night whilst acting as my trusty alarm clock.)

After I updated I assumed the new software may have to become a custom to my usage habits and settings and how i charge the phone. I appear to be correct on this as after a week of light to moderate use (texts, calls, brousing, a bit of music etc.) i charged her up last night taking her off around 3-4am (the things we do for work ) and its not 10:52pm and i still have 70% power left. The usage time is 20h 16m. yeah i didnt start using it till 6am but still 70% left after 20hrs powered up.

I am happy to share my settings and tips to anyone asking.

Thanks

Jim.

Now that's a good question. let me mull it over.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Ok here we go...

I do it so the battery is properly charged when it needs charging and it helps the battery life in the long run if it is charged when it is almost at 0% and it also helps to charge the phone when it is off. I prefer not to over charge the phone. When i wake up the next morning and i have say 65% left i know that i will have plenty of power to see me through to the 10pm news so i dont see a need to have 100% each morning.

Upvote 0
I cant honestly see how. Can you find anything to back that up?

I found this.

http://samsunggalaxys2review.org/how-to-save-battery-on-your-samsung-galaxy-s2/

Learn to charge properly

You might not think there is a proper way to charge your battery to get the most out of it, which is true. There are techniques rather than a proper way, which is really utilize the battery full capacity.

There is no need to always top off the battery to a full charge whenever you get a chance, rather use the battery to its fullest as in draining it from your usage then charging it back up several times. This is more of a maintenance thing for your battery to establish itself sort of and it’ll do better for your Galaxy S2 in the long run.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones