1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gmermel, Apr 12, 2012.

1. gmermel

gmermel Well-Known Member

My battery life suddenly dropped significantly. Got a new battery but no change. When I check usage none of my non-system apps are using more than 5% of my charge.

The display is above 50% utilization. It is set to auto. Manually dimming it to medium brightness has also not helped.

Suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

Have a bad 3G signal? That will eat up battery like crazy.
    GPS on? Screen on for longer than 1 minute before auto shut off? Do you allow the auto shut off to shut the screen off instead of hitting the power button?

Just some simple ideas that sometimes get over looked. But a bad 3G signal is the worst offender.

3. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Got wifi at home? Turn it on and use Y5 to turn it off when you leave.

4. GTGD

GTGD Guest

I hear ya dude, same thing has been happening to me for the past week. I went from 10-12 hours of battery power per day to recharging every 5 hours or so. This is with light use. It's saying my display is up around 30%, phone idle is about 25%, cell standby is around 20%, and the next largest offender is opera mini up around 15%.

I've always had some trouble with my data connection with my DX, but it's never drained the phone like this before. I'm gonna see what happens when I get rid of ESPN Scorecenter... I'm hoping that is the problem. If not, I'll try updating to a newer CM7 nightly or CM9. Then a new battery (if it's cheap). If none of that is the problem, I might just end up having to replace my trusty DX. :(

5. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Android Enthusiast

I had to buy a new battery last week. I found one on Amazon for just over $4. My issue was just an old, bulged battery.

[​IMG]

6. 767pilot

767pilot Newbie

I started having this problem out of the blue on Friday. On Sunday I got a message saying the service upgrade was downloaded and available. I installed it and mo more battery issues. I have a feeling it had to do with that large download.

7. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

So your phone was constipated? :D

8. 767pilot

767pilot Newbie

My guess is something like that. I would pick up the phone and it would be hot so I knew something was going on. I have a feeling that it would download and then stop when I went to do something with the phone, and then perhaps start over. I don't think it would have taken two or three days to download otherwise.

9. vr4

vr4 Well-Known Member

I had the opposite problem. When the latest update installed (not by choice) my extended battery started draining faster than my roommates regular battery with no change in my habits or apps.

10. GTGD

GTGD Guest

Took out my battery today and noticed it was very thick in the middle, surely it busted. I played Angry Birds Space for 10 minutes today and it drained from 100% to power-off, so I knew it had to be the battery itself.

11. colmmcgrath

colmmcgrath Well-Known Member

Turn off the wifi when you don't need it. The wifi is the major consumer of battery.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews