• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life?

Well, don't have screen on time or at least don't know how to get it. But here is some details:

I work as a CEO of a company so I receive and make several calls every day. I also send some texts but not huge numbers (~10/day). I don't keep mobile data on all the time but switch it on many many times every day to get emails and other related stuff (its probably my most used widget, takes 1 sec to turn it on/off). I do browse the net whenever I need to check or find something and I also do read newspapers every now and then. Sometimes I do read forums I am involved too. I do not play games.

I used DHD earlier and very early I learned this way to use it so I get through work days with its weakish battery. I even bought 3 extra batteries for it but learned quickly that by using it this way (data not on all the time) I didn't have to swap the batteries at all. One was enough for 1-2 days.

I also do not use task killers at all but let the phone/OS do its job. It kills the processes that are not needed or finished automatically. IMO task killers just make things worse as you can kill a process before its finished and the it must be done again and you just ended up using more energy.

EDIT: also I think (not scientific fact) that WiFi use less battery than 3G. Especially when 3G connection is not perfect. So, because of this belief I try to always use WiFi when at home or office and need to access email/net etc.

Upvote 0
Termite,

On that Battery use screen you put up if you click on screen it should give you the screen on time :)

Cheers

:rofl: Stupid me, thought some other sw was needed. Well, only 1h 20min on this load then. But, that pretty much was my std work day use anyway.

BTW. I do not turn my phone off during night. And it seems I have talked in the phone for 1h 16 min.

Upvote 0
Ps. how to control pic size within forum software? I mean how to make huge pic (std. One X screen shot) smaller in forum view?

Either add as an attachment, or edit it to make it smaller yourself. The forum will always be quite big when linking directly.

EDIT: also I think (not scientific fact) that WiFi use less battery than 3G. Especially when 3G connection is not perfect. So, because of this belief I try to always use WiFi when at home or office and need to access email/net etc.

Yep, unless it's a really weak wifi connection, the Wifi radio uses much less juice than it's 3g colleague. :)

Upvote 0
Either add as an attachment, or edit it to make it smaller yourself. The forum will always be quite big when linking directly.
Ok, thanks. :shakehands:

Here is the final situation on this load before I attached the charger:
35lclc7.jpg

Very happy how the battery lasts in my normal work routines. Doesn't represent the gamer or music listeners performance but maybe some other business users can draw some conclusions or parallels to their situation.

Anybody know why it always shows Bluetooth taking some juice even if I have not turned it on once?

Upvote 0
I couldn't agree more with OP.

If I charge the phone overnight so that the light is green at the top, then unplug it, leave it in standby (screen off) during the work day, not only is the battery drained but it's DEAD. So I have to plug it in again, it takes a few minutes before the phone even wakes up enough to realize it's plugged in and then begins charging. The charging takes a long time.

Apart from this, and the fact that it takes 3 reboots to get a cell signal, I love this phone. NOT! ::rolls eyes::

Upvote 0
at first my HOX was getting about 20 hours average with decent usage on games and texting, and streaming videos and g+. Just recently the battery started tanking. I figured it was some apps that I downloaded and un installed most... but still have issues. Anyone know of an app similar to batterystats app that might be free?

Thanks

Upvote 0
If I charge the phone overnight so that the light is green at the top, then unplug it, leave it in standby (screen off) during the work day, not only is the battery drained but it's DEAD. So I have to plug it in again, it takes a few minutes before the phone even wakes up enough to realize it's plugged in and then begins charging. The charging takes a long time.

Apart from this, and the fact that it takes 3 reboots to get a cell signal, I love this phone. NOT! ::rolls eyes::

Clearly yours is broken. Too many problems which most others do not have. Time to send it to repair.

I was traveling from saturday to tuesday evening and had no chance or charging mine, luckily didn't have any need.

Attachments

• Akku_3-lataus.jpg
    Akku_3-lataus.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0
I have had the One X about a month now and I can say with 99% certainty that there is a flaw causing the drain. Without problems the phone last a couple of days at least. That is very nice performance I think. My phone, unfortunately, sometimes experiences the drain as well, but it isn't consistent. When it happens the battery only lasts about 8 hours or so. The key sign is excessive heating on the back near the camera. A battery usage report does not say what is truly causing the drain. I have learned that rebooting the phone will stop whatever is causing the problem, but I think some phones are always having the problem and are lost causes. Shutting down apps, wi-fi, etc. doesn't seem to help. One thread I read thought there was a link to the weather widget maybe glitching and constantly attempting to retrieve data but I haven't substantiated that.

My point is, HTC needs to fix this because otherwise they make a good product.

Upvote 0
I have had the One X about a month now and I can say with 99% certainty that there is a flaw causing the drain. Without problems the phone last a couple of days at least. That is very nice performance I think. My phone, unfortunately, sometimes experiences the drain as well, but it isn't consistent. When it happens the battery only lasts about 8 hours or so. The key sign is excessive heating on the back near the camera. A battery usage report does not say what is truly causing the drain. I have learned that rebooting the phone will stop whatever is causing the problem, but I think some phones are always having the problem and are lost causes. Shutting down apps, wi-fi, etc. doesn't seem to help. One thread I read thought there was a link to the weather widget maybe glitching and constantly attempting to retrieve data but I haven't substantiated that.

My point is, HTC needs to fix this because otherwise they make a good product.

I think I agree with you on that one,
When i first got my phone it didnt used to heat up hardly at all,
Then about 3 months in it had a serious crash when i disconnected it from my home PC,
Since then the spot that your talking about near the camera heats up to hot on a regular basis (The app i used had it at 55-60 Deg C a couple of times) and when its hot the battery drains really quickly.
The battery life as a whole started to get alot worse after the crash because of this.

Since the 4.0.4 Upgrade the battery life has been alot better and it hasn't heated up above 45 deg C but the battery still drains alot quicker when its hot,

I'm looking forward to seeing what improvement jelly bean makes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones