1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Endgame715, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Endgame715

Endgame715 Newbie

I have had my phone, through Sprint, for nearly two months now. At first, as with any phone the battery life was amazing. I took it off of the charger about an hour ago and it's down to 80%. I have automatic connections turned off and Power saving mode turned off. Is there anything else I can do to help with the battery life? I understand that if you want to go fast you have to use a little gas, but charging it twice a day when it sits idle in my pocket most of the day at work is a bit much. Also, does it suck up more battery when it searches for service? My 3g sucks everywhere I go. I read they were upgrading to 4g LTE soon. Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. heavychevy

heavychevy Android Expert

Are you on Sprint? If so make sure the phone is on cdma only and not searching for 4g signal. Also make sure there aren't to many things running in the background.

3. kadimi

kadimi Android Enthusiast

This happened to me on a different phone and it fixed by itself (probably something in the circuitry.

Anyways, try to isolate the problem:

a) Is it the battery
    - Exchange your battery with your friend and see what happens

b) Is it the phone
    - Close any app, connection, service... i.e use your phone for calling only and see how much time battery will last.

c) Not (a) nor (b)
    - A components inside the phone is not working properly, phone needs repair.

You may want to install some battery apps: Best battery widgets for Android phones and tablets

4. zemerick

zemerick Android Enthusiast

We really need 3 screenshots from you.

Main battery page.
    Screen usage, including screen on time.
    Finally, click the graph at the top which includes bars to compare screen on and awake.

Your battery life is most definitely far worse than expected. Something is wrong. Several of the possibilities are easy fixes though.

5. Endgame715

Endgame715 Newbie

It says the screen is using 53%. Everything is minimal. I'll try to post those screens later.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews