• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery life

LoopyD

Android Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2012
Michigan, USA
I saw a post about battery life in the main forum for this phone, but I would like to make this thread official. Please post tips, tricks, and tweaks you feel will increase battery life on this phone. My goal is to at least get an 8 hour charge.

I recommend some features of ROM Toolbox, such as Underclocking the processor when the screen is off or battery is low. I notice the phone battery changes really slow if you are over taxing.

I'm open to suggestions please this is a dev thread don't try it unless you know it works.

Thanks.

Loopy

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=734074

This thread might help those looking. Seems like everyone is hard at work testing boneface s ROM.

The Apps that where rexommded

Greenify
Juicedefender
SetCPU
I used ROM Toolbox for Underclocking
And of course rumor has it boneface s ROM takes good care of the battery.

Also see build.prop tweaks.

Upvote 0
Don't forget Seeder. Refreshes the entropy pool for reduced lag, and system over taxing.

This seems to help somewhat with lag. I noticed scrolling and animations are much smoother.

my phone was on battery for the better part of 6-8 hours (even with flashing multiple roms and downloading apps) before i plugged it in to charge. at which it was already at 40%..is that bad?

That's actually very good. A lot of my problem is that I use Poweramp, a torrent tracker, and browse I've been trying to figure out how to stop the phone overheating while charging. V any ideas? I notice a slight difference with JD installed. I was told to slow down the tracker and limit the number of connections. I have an issue with the phone barely charging when plugged in overnight.

Upvote 0
boom.
K72zJ1b.png

7MCBYj2.png

idk..im using my stock mod rom..so ya. woot!

Reactions: LoopyD
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones