• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life

SuperWind

Jun 20, 2013
So since I fixed my tablet myself last week(recovery mode) I wanna increas my battery like if im in he play store or on the web my battery doesnt go down as fast but if im playing a game or on the menu screen it drains kinda fast, so i need to find out how to increase my battery life, i downloaded apps like 2x battery and juice defender and im currently trying out deep sleep battery saver.

ok well the low end tablets i would not trust them for performance or battery life. if i play a game on my asus transformer infinity i can get probably 3 hours of battery life.......if that depending how long i play it.

all i'm saying is expect to lose battery as you play games.

and never use any task managers to try and save battery life.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
yeah that will not work either........one of the main reasons why i bought the transformer infinity was because of the keyboard dock you can buy. it has its own battery pack that i can extend the battery life to another 8-10 hours!!!!! with normal use i can get about 12-14 hours of battery........if i play games or watch movies then it drops down to 8 hours or so....depending on how long i play and how long the movie i watch is.

Upvote 0
Well Imma find another battery then if so can anyone find mah battery packs with long life it has to be 8 mm thick, anyways I am too lazy to make a new topic so I wanna ask another question... I used the root browser to delete a few things(not app related) and when I factory reset my tablet last night the lock screen is missing and when I am in a app and wanna go to the home screen that doesnt work so I have to use that double window key to swipe away my program then it will take me to the menu with the apps and widgets in and then i have to press the back key to go back to the main menu screen... and when the tablet starts up instead of going to the lock screen it skips it and goes to the main screen so theres not lock menu and then i have some apps install like juice defender but i cant view it in the notifications bar or anything that appear in that bar because it only shows the the big notification block(with the time date wifi connection and battery life left) so how can I fix this?

Upvote 0
I have no Idea but whatever it was it won't do almost anything on my tablet infact the browser(not chrome) that was installed when i got it would just crash without warning or telling me.

I cant install noting because the pay store wont let me fully register my email on a new startup so I wanna know if there are any files that i deleted that involves helping the thingd work

Upvote 0
I have no Idea but whatever it was it won't do almost anything on my tablet infact the browser(not chrome) that was installed when i got it would just crash without warning or telling me.

I cant install noting because the pay store wont let me fully register my email on a new startup so I wanna know if there are any files that i deleted that involves helping the thingd work

Without knowing what you removed it's impossible to say whether that might be the cause. But it has to be a possibility, and with the information I have (what you've said) it's the best guess I can see.

If you can find a copy of the original software for the device I'd suggest reflashing it. I don't suppose you made a backup of the system before changing it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones