• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Honestly, can't give a solid impression because I'm running it VERY lightly and without a SIM. But, so far it looks to be real solid. If you look at the Moto X, everyone was afraid it'd have bad battery life because the battery was so small. Well, the Moto G's is not much smaller and I think going all day is no sweat.
Quite a bit on XDA if you want to go through that massive thread:
Post your battery - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Honestly, can't give a solid impression because I'm running it VERY lightly and without a SIM. But, so far it looks to be real solid. If you look at the Moto X, everyone was afraid it'd have bad battery life because the battery was so small. Well, the Moto G's is not much smaller and I think going all day is no sweat.
Quite a bit on XDA if you want to go through that massive thread:
Post your battery - xda-developers

+1 that's the thread I was thinking about. I was on my phone though, so it's hard to do links.

Upvote 0
I need a phone for a very heavy usage, such as web browsing, hours of calling and hundreds of sms every day. How is this phone battery? would it last at least 6 hours of screen time of internet browsing?

Go for it. I have it since monday and I gave it approx. same usage u describe, and it went smooth! I've to say that Motorola Migration app moved everything from my previous Motorola Pro+ MB632 to the Moto G and installed Bataria, a battery helper. Don't know how much Bataria helped to acchieve this, but from specs. and everyday use I must say the battery is great

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones