• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life

Girevik

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2010
I was having issues with my battery life so did a factory reset, which seemed to solve my issues. After the reset my phone would drain 8-10% overnight. Now it's back to draining 20%+ overnight, so I'm thinking it must be something that I've installed that's doing it. When I check GSam Battery Monitory, it just tells me the two biggest drains by far are "Android System" and "Kernal (Android OS)".

Is there anything I can do to try and determine exactly what is sucking all my battery down?

I was having issues with my battery life so did a factory reset, which seemed to solve my issues. After the reset my phone would drain 8-10% overnight. Now it's back to draining 20%+ overnight, so I'm thinking it must be something that I've installed that's doing it. When I check GSam Battery Monitory, it just tells me the two biggest drains by far are "Android System" and "Kernal (Android OS)".

Is there anything I can do to try and determine exactly what is sucking all my battery down?

are you running stock or AOSP?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones