• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SirSpace

Oct 18, 2012
Jacksonville, Fl
Sorry if there is a post about this already but it seems to me my battery life is being sucked up to no end for no reason. The only thing I can think of that takes a lot of my battery is my brightness is on max with no backgrounds apps running one of the reasons I
rooted was for that reason but can my brightness really be taking that much of my battery.?

Sorry if there is a post about this already but it seems to me my battery life is being sucked up to no end for no reason. The only thing I can think of that takes a lot of my battery is my brightness is on max with no backgrounds apps running one of the reasons I
rooted was for that reason but can my brightness really be taking that much of my battery.?

Yes the screen takes up the most battery , especially how big and bright and high quality of a screen you have . more of those = more power needed .

the only thing you can do is lower screen brightness ( you'll get use to it )
OR basically you're rooted so you can set CPU max frequency to a lower rate which consumes less battery but makes the phone slower . ( available via app on play store )

Upvote 0
Hi,

Brightness of screen, GPS and WiFi on.... all of that can drain your battery. I found, the MOST battery killing thing is : If the phone has no service and constantly looks for service..... This can drain the battery of a phone within a few hours....,. Usually that's not happen, since the phone looks for service and once it found the service, it's locked in and doesn't search anymore. However, for example, you put your phone in a metal locker, or you're in a basement, concealed from cell tower reception, that can cause the phone constantly look for a signal and drains the battery in no time.

ADVISE : If you are in an area, where you know you either have no service or bad service, turn the phone off if you can !!

Reactions: SirSpace
Upvote 0
Hi,

Brightness of screen, GPS and WiFi on.... auto sync, Google maps, any app that receives notifications, bluetooth, the Facebook app

ADVISE : If you are in an area, where you know you either have no service or bad service, turn the phone off if you can !!

Added a couple more to that list. :p

And instead of turning it off, airplane mode works wonders in an area with bad reception.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Brightness of screen, GPS and WiFi on.... all of that can drain your battery. I found, the MOST battery killing thing is : If the phone has no service and constantly looks for service..... This can drain the battery of a phone within a few hours....,. Usually that's not happen, since the phone looks for service and once it found the service, it's locked in and doesn't search anymore. However, for example, you put your phone in a metal locker, or you're in a basement, concealed from cell tower reception, that can cause the phone constantly look for a signal and drains the battery in no time.

If you want the phone on just put in airplane mode when no service and can still use things in phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones