1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General battery logo in notification bar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by trench, Jun 3, 2011.

1. trench

trench Member
    None

Jan 26, 2009
    I use a battery app that add's a logo to my notification bar that tells the the exact percent of battery power I have left. I don't like the stock one that comes with the phone cause its not very acurate and it doesn't give me a persent read out.

I'm wondering if there's a way to remove the stock battery logo from the notification bar? It doesn't make much sence to have 2 of them up their since I only use one of them.

Advertisement

2. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    Your phone has to be rooted, I do know that. I have a custom ROM installed on my phone that changes the default battery icon, but aside from a custom ROM, I don't know how to actually change it.

3. trench

trench Member
    None

Jan 26, 2009
    yea, i wish my phone was rooted. I have a T moible G2 and they havn't come out with an easy way to do it so far. There's a bunch of issues i guess. apparently it's a lot easyer before the update... which it wants to do right after you turn it on for the first time. Wish i would have known that.

All of my friends with other phone just use diffrent "1-click" root programs and bam, their rolling. the VISIONary root app for it only works for a small amout of people that try it.

4. MRguyandhis2

MRguyandhis2 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    cashin checks and breaking necks
    Modesto, Ca
  5. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    work for the man.
    TEXAS
    Root and a custom ROM would be the only way, but don't use visionary. High brick risk with that, the ADB gfree isn't that hard, copy and paste works well.

[​IMG]

Tags: