• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Meters are all so inconsistent or buggy

icemanjs4

Jul 17, 2010
Texas
I've had my phone unplugged since 11AM this morning. It's now 8PM. My battery meter shows 1h 30m since unplugged (I think this is the built-in status from the OS). Additionally my battery widget shows 26% but the blue batter in the top corner shows 1/2 full.

Are there any good battery meters out there that I can trust?
Is anyone else noticing wild inconsistencies in time's and battery meters?

Same issue here. I had 2 battery monitoring widgets and they both show the same percentage. It would say my phone has 29% left but the battery indicator says it's at half power.

Something is odd here, either the phone shows a more accurate report or the widgets needs to be updated. At this point I trust the phone more then the widgets, but I'll have to see. I'm gonna try to drain the battery and see who's more accurate.

Upvote 0
im showing an inconsistency as well. I have the battery left widget. when my phone shows that its fully charged the app says system percent 95 and estimated 95. wont go to the full 100 percent

In order to get the battery charged to 100%, do the following:

Plug in the charger and let it go till it tells you that charging is complete.
Then turn off your Epic.
Unplug the charging cable.
Plug the charging cable back in but leave the phone off.
Let it finish charging. It should hit 100% charge pretty quickly.
Turn your Epic back on.

That is the only way I've found to get the battery charge to 100%.

Upvote 0
The Samsung battery icon is definitely inaccurate. It was the same case with the Captivate and Vibrants (the other Galaxy cousins) that I had in the past. Usually, you can get an accurate reading from the OS if you go to Settings --> About Phone --> Phone Status, but don't recall seeing on the Epic. You can use Battery Widget, it gets its updates from the OS. The Samsung battery icon does not update itself fast enough.

Upvote 0
Well this is interesting. I decided to let my battery die completely until the phone shut itself off. Then I put it on the charging dock for an hour. After an hour the battery meters all read 0. I took it off the dock, and ran an errand. Came back and after 20 minutes it now says 1. I swear the battery takes longer to charge than it does to discharge. How's that possible?

Upvote 0
I use visBattery, used on my Droid with no issues. When I click on the widget it takes me to the system battery info (voltage, temp, etc) and the numbers jive. The phones battery bat at the top always shows more than it really has, which is misleading.

When my phone tells me that the bat its getting low, via the pop up, my widget says 15% just like it did on my Droid. Also, the widget says 1% and even 0% right before the phone completely dies. What is strange though is that I can turn the phone back on, if only momentarily. The Droid never did that.

Also this thing takes 3-4 hours to charge and that is unacceptable to me, especially when it dies with only about 3 hours of moderate to heavy use.

Upvote 0
Well this is interesting. I decided to let my battery die completely until the phone shut itself off. Then I put it on the charging dock for an hour. After an hour the battery meters all read 0. I took it off the dock, and ran an errand. Came back and after 20 minutes it now says 1. I swear the battery takes longer to charge than it does to discharge. How's that possible?

If I use the epic while being charged and plugged into the wall, the battery dies not charges =(

Upvote 0
Same issue here. I had 2 battery monitoring widgets and they both show the same percentage. It would say my phone has 29% left but the battery indicator says it's at half power.

Something is odd here, either the phone shows a more accurate report or the widgets needs to be updated. At this point I trust the phone more then the widgets, but I'll have to see. I'm gonna try to drain the battery and see who's more accurate.

I take back what I've said about the widget. It seems the widget is accurate the battery indicator is not. I notice today when my battery was at 50% and the widget was at 25%, something odd happened....

The battery indicator dropped to 25% as well, so it seems that it's not accurate until around 25% or so. Samsung needs to update this bug.

Upvote 0
In order to get the battery charged to 100%, do the following:

Plug in the charger and let it go till it tells you that charging is complete.
Then turn off your Epic.
Unplug the charging cable.
Plug the charging cable back in but leave the phone off.
Let it finish charging. It should hit 100% charge pretty quickly.
Turn your Epic back on.

That is the only way I've found to get the battery charge to 100%.

Are you suppose to power off and then charge again so that it reaches 100% for the first time you charge it? Or is this a every time you charge it kind of deal???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones