1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Battery Monitor Widget app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brickberry, Jan 11, 2012.

1. brickberry

brickberry Newbie
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    Hello!

End of first 24 hours with Rezound coming from Droid X. Love the screen, and happy!

Interested in your findings on the "idle" power usage stats from the widget. Firstly, the battery is doing fine. I've been off power for 10 hours and I'm at 79%. No I haven't used it much! But hey, that's pretty good.

So the Droid X: with all my settings dialed, including Juice Defender, I could idle at around 7-14mA continuously draining. That would get me from 7:30 AM to noon with minimal use and at noon I might have 93% of the regular X battery left. The Rezound is much more hungry, but not to a point of an actual problem :)

I'm idling at about 100mA at the least, sometimes 200mA or so which explains the quicker drain. I don't have 4G where I am, so it's on CDMA mode only, "normal" power mode, and Juice Defender is set up like the X was. When I check what's using the battery, nothing seems unusual (voice calls>display>standby>idle>OS>wi-fi>bluetooth.

Again, not a problem. Just curious if the beautiful display is the cause of drain, but I would think not since the display is not a great draw on the "usage" at least today. Seems voice call, standby and idle are just hungry. I mean, hey, it's a frickin nice phone so it's OK. Just curious if we might be able to plug the hole in the battery with some collaborative thinkin.

Matt

Advertisement

2. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    SoCal
    My Droid x sips battery compared to the Rez. I still play with it on wifi and can go a week or so on standby, of course it stays unconnected so that's not so amazing but it was pretty good on battery lasting when it was in use.

The rezound screen definitely consumes more battery than the x buy I think it's the 4g LTE radio. Even in 3g mode, it consumes more battery while just idling and syncing is off, so I'm thinking the LTE radio is constantly drawing power even when not in use. Besides the screen and idle, nothing else is registering any appreciable battery usage.

Tags: