1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Battery must be running on Black Magic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MDesire2010, Oct 1, 2010.

1. MDesire2010

MDesire2010 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Edmonton, Canada
    I think my Battery just hit a turning point in its life.

For whatever reason I got exceptionally good battery life yesterday. I had it unplugged for 20 hours and it was only down to 52% Remaining by the time I was going to bed. Usually, I only get maybe 18-20 Hours with 10-20% left. My usage was if anything higher than usual too throughout the day. Listening to music/videos/texting/emailing/testing apps for a fair bit of the day.

The only thing I did differently that morning was unplug it like normal (when I woke up and it was at 100)%, then plug it back in about 10 seconds later for another 5 Minutes before heading out the door. Would that have caused this peculiarity in my battery consistency ??

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Sometimes this fools it into charging the battery a bit more (100% isn't actually 100%, its less). Usually you have to power off to do this, but maybe it worked for you when on.

Try it again and see how long it stays at 100% for... When I calibrate in this way, I usually stay on 100% for what would normally be 5%. In otherwords, my battery is at 105%

MDesire2010 likes this.
  3. MDesire2010

MDesire2010 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Edmonton, Canada
    I hope this is the case! It's a sweet little trick. I also should add that in my "Battery Use" the Android System was at 96% and Cell Standby was 2% and Phone Idle as 2%.

Tags: