• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Battery not as good after a year?

steve6884

Nov 20, 2010
I think I have had the captivate for about a year. It seems like recently the battery has been dying a lot faster then it used to. Is it unusual for a battery to start to wear out after a year? Any idea how much a replacement battery would be? I have 2 extra batteries that I bought on ebay and those are fine as backups but they dont last as long as the battery that came with the phone

Have you tried calibrating it?

Charge the phone to 100%, unplug it, turn it off, plug it back in, charge to 100%, unplug. Turn it back on, let it boot up, plug it back in until 100%. You should only have to do this once.

Thanks but yes i have done that a few times over the year and recently. Just doesnt seem to be working as well anymore

Upvote 0
Its certainly reasonable that the battery would be wearing out, after a year of use. Especially, something like a smartphone battery.

I bought these. 2 batteries and charger. Only had to plug my phone in a handful of times, since I got it. Always have a fully charged battery now. OEM is for whatever emergency might somehow strangely happen.

Anker 2 x 1800mAh Li-ion plus Charger for Samsung Captivate

Cost $13

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
I think I have had the captivate for about a year. It seems like recently the battery has been dying a lot faster then it used to. Is it unusual for a battery to start to wear out after a year? Any idea how much a replacement battery would be? I have 2 extra batteries that I bought on ebay and those are fine as backups but they dont last as long as the battery that came with the phone

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones