1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery not as good after a year?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by steve6884, Oct 14, 2011.

1. steve6884

steve6884 Member

I think I have had the captivate for about a year. It seems like recently the battery has been dying a lot faster then it used to. Is it unusual for a battery to start to wear out after a year? Any idea how much a replacement battery would be? I have 2 extra batteries that I bought on ebay and those are fine as backups but they dont last as long as the battery that came with the phone

2. conlee

conlee Lurker

I have this one from amazon it seems to be just as good as the one that came with it you can check it out and not a bad price

$13.43

(OEM SAMSUNG OEM EB575152VA BATTERY)

3. btswein

btswein Guest

Have you tried calibrating it?

Charge the phone to 100%, unplug it, turn it off, plug it back in, charge to 100%, unplug. Turn it back on, let it boot up, plug it back in until 100%. You should only have to do this once.

4. steve6884

steve6884 Member

Thanks but yes i have done that a few times over the year and recently. Just doesnt seem to be working as well anymore

5. jdCaptivate

jdCaptivate Android Enthusiast

Its certainly reasonable that the battery would be wearing out, after a year of use. Especially, something like a smartphone battery.

I bought these. 2 batteries and charger. Only had to plug my phone in a handful of times, since I got it. Always have a fully charged battery now. OEM is for whatever emergency might somehow strangely happen.

Anker 2 x 1800mAh Li-ion plus Charger for Samsung Captivate

Cost $13

jbdan likes this.
  6. Drivespinners

Drivespinners Newbie

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews