1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

battery not charging , already replaced everything ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaysab, Dec 31, 2013.

1. jaysab

jaysab Newbie

I did a search and read the suggested threads that popped up but no luck . I have a virgin mobile phone . My battery was taking a long time to charge . So I replaced it . After charging the new battery for 8 hours it Was at 40% . So then I replaced my charger cable and the thing it goes into . I am still having the same issue . So I assumed that it was the charging port . I called virgin mobile and they sent me another phone . Well I swapped out phones and still have 40% ish battery . It drops fast . I lose about ten percent every hour in stand by mode . I know it's crazy but any help is appreciated .

2. jaysab

jaysab Newbie

I have the new update which I think is 4.3 . Also I have tried to charge my battery while the phone is off and on . They yield the same results . Also I have my phone in an otter box armor

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

The case sounds like the only common thing. Take it youve tried charging without it?

4. jaysab

jaysab Newbie

Yezir I have . Same results

funkylogik likes this.
  5. funkylogik

Man thats a really strange one. I dont believe in luck but could you really be that unlucky lol ?

6. jaysab

jaysab Newbie

Yeah I think it's crazy . I thought surely this process of elimination I could figure out what is going on . Haha oh well . Virgin mobile said they are going to send me another phone so we'll see what happens

7. ilovethebeach

ilovethebeach Well-Known Member

I had the same problem none of my car chargers were working so I got a rocketfish with the ic fast charge chip. Usb has to be at least 2 amps. Kindle charger works too seriously

8. funkylogik

Nah the s3 only draws 1A so a 2A charger is pointless unless you tweak the kernel to suck more juice :thumbup:

9. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

@op..just throwing this out there, but have you tried a different outlet? Is your charger plugged into a power strip?

10. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert

Samsung smartphones (including the Galaxy SIII) have a built-in protection system designed to only work with certain batteries and/or chargers. often the one which came with the phone is bad and produces a notification saying something like 'unable to charge non-supported battery. see owner's manual'. when this happens it will only slow-charge with the phone totally OFF (not in sleep). i am not sure why this happens but my S3 did it with the charger that came with it, but works perfectly fine with the old BlackBerry charger i had lying around...

11. jaysab

jaysab Newbie

Yezir . Originally it was on a power strip . Eventually I tried a direct wall outlet .

12. jaysab

jaysab Newbie

Hmm this sounds like my issue

13. EricH4753

EricH4753 Android Enthusiast

have you tried a new battery, because vm doesn't send you a new battery unless you insist.

14. jaysab

jaysab Newbie

Yes I have replaced the battery already

15. jaysab

jaysab Newbie

Another thing I noticed the phone does is sometimes the phone will be on the charger and say 100% and when I unplug it then it immediately drops to 50%

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews