1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery not charging correctly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UniqueProblem, Sep 22, 2011.

1. UniqueProblem

UniqueProblem Member
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    Ever since a couple of days ago my battery is not charging correctly. I have a very simple battery app that shows me the percentage of the battery charge.

The issue is that when I plug the phone to charge from the wall socket using the original charger, the phone will make a beep sound indicating that it has charged while it is still plugged in, the battery app and the default icon that appears when the battery is charged it shows 100%. When I unplug the charger from the phone the app shows 96% this is also supported by the phones default battery icon as the very tip (connector) is not filled in green. This cancels out that the app is showing incorrectly. When I plug it back in to charge it will charge again to 97% make the beep sound and the same scenario is displayed. Unplug charger plug it back in 98%....until I reach 100%.

I have done nothing different or installed anything from when it was working till this problem.

The only conclusion I come to is I got a battery issue I need to replace. But I thought I would post the issue in case someone might have a solution.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Male
    EarthCaust Photography, Volunteer, Enviromental Re
    UK- Edinburgh, Brazil - 2 hrs from Rio de Janeiro
    Make sure you calibrate the battery properly and leave it charging after the beep the system is not spot on

UniqueProblem likes this.
  3. UniqueProblem

UniqueProblem Member
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    How should I calibrate it? let discharge to 0%?

4. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    u can do it only if you are rooted. for example with simple program from market called Battery Calibration :)

5. UniqueProblem

UniqueProblem Member
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    Thanks. My phone was already rooted so I tried the Battery Calibration app let my phone drain down to 97% and it charged straight to 100%. But I may have lost the beep sound because I was next to it waiting for it to charge but never heard it. I will let you know if I have further issues as this time I will let it discharge to about 40% before re-charging.

6. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    i had similiar problem, and used battery calibration. charged battery to 100% then let it discharge to 0% and then full charge it with standard charger without stop until full charge. it solved the issue and i have no such trouble anymore. try it and let me know did this helped you :)

7. UniqueProblem

UniqueProblem Member
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    Although great advice Riche101 and Twinn, this problem continues. Even doing the battery calibration then letting it run down to 0% and charging it non-stop. Unfortunately it stops at 97% now and have to repeat steps as I mentioned above until I reach 100% :(.

8. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    when you hear "beep" sound which normally means that battery is full, dont unplug cable! leave it for another at least 30 min or 1h and then uplug and see if it works! and come back with results...

9. UniqueProblem

UniqueProblem Member
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    Hey Twinn, thanks for the continue support.

I did what you said when I heard the beep I pulled the plug out just to make sure it is at 97% (although it was showing 100%) then I plugged it back in I heard another beep it was only 10 mins after the first beep so assumed it was at 98% but I allowed to continue charging for another 30 mins and once I unplugged it, it was at 100% charge. So the battery is not a problem since it charges to 100%. There seems to be an issue with when the phone gets up to 97% in some way it gets confused thinking its 100% until you unplug it from the charger which then and only then it recognizes that it's still at 97%. Interesting scenario seems finding a needle in a hay stack to pin point why this is happening.

Somehow I have to calibrate the phone/battery so it knows it is at 100% while plugged into the charger and then beep.

Im going to try and wipe battery stats manually via ClockworkMod Recovery let the battery drain again and charge to 100%. Is the only option for now.

10. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    so u didnt do what i advised you... try once again what i said before. first charge to 100%, wipe battery stats, discharge to 0% and fully (without interrupting) charge to 100% but DON`T UNPLUG phone after beep! Leave it for another hour or so and then unlpug. it should be 100%. and then it should work normally next time when u hear beep, u can unplug and should have 100%. at least it worked for me and i dont have this problem anymore.

11. UniqueProblem

UniqueProblem Member
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    Sorry Twinn must of misread your reply, will do exactly as you stated above and let you know how i go.