1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root battery not charging fully

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by newnoviceuser, Sep 5, 2010.

1. newnoviceuser

newnoviceuser Member

Feb 28, 2010
    upgraded to galaxo 1.6.3.4 , battery is not fully charging, sometimes stays at 60 or 80 , just displays FULL , and when i remove adapter shows 60 or 80

Advertisement

2. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    The battery display in the notification bar is pretty much broken as standard in 1.6.3.4, only displays in 20% increments, and not to the nearest one either.

3. Frojd

Frojd Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    just let the phone sit in the charger for an hour more and you will be at 100%, the charge icon swithes to full too erly from what I've seen.

4. newnoviceuser

newnoviceuser Member

Feb 28, 2010
    yes thats the issue, even after hours of connect to charger, when i unplug charger, it immediately shows 80 ..its not charging to the FULL amount

5. Frojd

Frojd Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Ok, that was a different problem then, sorry. Maybe you can try HTCs "magic trick": charge 8 hours with the phone on. Remove charger an switch off, then charge for another hour. Then remove the charger and switch on and let it be for 2 minutes and then charge another hour with the phone on.

It shouldn't work theoretically, but sometimes these phones are just illogical... :eek:

6. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
  7. newnoviceuser

newnoviceuser Member

Feb 28, 2010
    yes, i just saw that its the notification bar thats the culprit, internally the battery is charging ..
    i will try your solutions.

thanks to both of you.

8. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Nuclear Operator (no shit !!)
    Renfrew, ON
    Infect's darksense 2.1

9. patricjb

patricjb New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Not sure if this is thhe same or similar issue. The battery on my i7500 1.6.3.4 appears to charge fully..says 100% on notif bar and widget also says 100%.....BUT....charge seems to drain away very quickly. Phone is left overnight...7 to 8 hours..with all apps, comms, syncs etc turned off and charge drops to 40%! Anyone seen this or know what it may be? Thanks

10. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Kri
    Are you using 3G networks?
    Because using 3G drains your battery, also some task killers and Wi-Fi.

11. patricjb

patricjb New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Hi and thanks for replying.

Yes I do usde 3G but turn it off religiously when finished with it. Rarely use WiFi as I am in the country and there is not much about.

I have "Task Killer pro" and "System Manager free" which I use to clear apps when I have finished a session on the phone. I do not have either siiting in notifications bar so I have to rum them each time I need them..hoping thta this will help.......do you if either of these apps are a problem?

Again thanks for the reply.