1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery - Not Charging - HELP!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BenDickens, Aug 6, 2011.

1. BenDickens

BenDickens Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Hi All,

I am by no means a tablet/android expert and will probably need an idiots guide in any replies, but basically I bought a 'Flytouch 3' on eBay which has just arrived. Unsurprisingly, I opened it up to see a picture of a tablet on the front of the box and 'Superpad 3' written down the side. Looks like I have been duped!

Anyway, I could live with owning a Superpad 3 as long as the specs were ok. When I took the tablet out of the box it had 40% juice in it, so thought I wouuld run this down before charging. The specs on the device were positive, DISCO10 and all that jazz. I let the tablet battery die down and then plugged the charger in. My first sign of a problem was there was no charging light anywhere. I left it on for about 5 hours and checked it again, still no charging light. I tried turning on the tablet and got a message saying "Battery low, plug in ac.....". I thought it may just be a dud charger as I have heard that these are not of the best quality. I have just been to buy a new charger, plugged it in and still nothing.

Just wondered if anyone might have any suggestions, other than paying a visit to the guy who sold me this? The connection seems ok when I stick in the charger, doesn't feel loose or anything like that so I have no idea.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Rabid1

Rabid1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    I'd give the seller a chance, there are a couple of good ones on E-bay. Short of buying a replacement or a car charger and testing that the seller might be your best chance. Or of you know anybody who has this pad and try theirs.

3. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    To have 40% juice in it on arrival shows it can be charged.

The tablet should also power up as soon as you are charging it, no need to wait 5 hours, or 5 seconds.

And where did you buy a replacement charger from, as some are 5v and some are 9v, so you have to get the right charger for the right device.

4. BenDickens

BenDickens Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    thanks for your replies.

I got the charger from Maplins. I can change the voltage and have selected 9v as this is what the original charger says.

I have emailed the seller on eBay to see if he can shed any light on this. Like you have said it arrived 40% charged so it should be chargeable. Just don't understand why it isn't charging now. Would be incredibly strange if the new charger I bought was faulty as well.

5. BenDickens

BenDickens Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Think I have found the problem and I'm almost a little too embarassed to say!

The charger that the tablet came with was a 9v. After seeing on here that some tablets take a 9v and some take a 5v, I changed my new charger voltage to 5v and hey presto, it is now charging.

6. tbod

tbod Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    The fact you have a disco10 is a good thing; the firmware can be easily upgraded with the excellent files to be found here and elsewhere. The names to look out for are: Tim [all round good egg] and s0I [3G Dongle Guru].

I have been using s0I's firmware for months and the 3G is incredible when compared to that on my deb tablets.

The charger may be a problem but you need to ensure the replacement unit you purchased is 5V, 2.5A for FlyTouch III as most of the ones listed on eBay et al are 9V units for the SuperPad III ie: 'sawee' and 'deb' tablets.

I'm not sure what would happen if you plug a 9V charger into a 5V tablet; hopefully nothing but Sod's law suggests the results might be unwanted, irreversible and expensive!

Give the seller the opportunity to reveal his colours, he's either going to be a nice guy who will try and resolve your problem or a complete arsehole who doesn't give a stuff.

In the former case you will end up with a working tablet, a mutual exchange of positive feedbak and a warm feeling inside; if, like me, you find yourself dealing with the latter you have no choice but to resort to eBay's or PayPal's problem resolution method. At the very least you will be out the cost of returning the tablet to him and your only consolation will be calling him a theiving scammer in your negative feedback and eBay Guide on 'How Not To Buy A Tablet Computer'...

Update:
    It looks like our messages crossed but I am delighted to see you got one of the good guys and your problem has been resolved quickly and without grief. Have fun my friend, these tablets are really great gadgets...