1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

battery not charging, plugged in all day!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joeyv69ragtop, Jun 23, 2010.

1. joeyv69ragtop

joeyv69ragtop Newbie
    None

May 20, 2010
    Developer
    Buffalo, NY
    I've been keeping the phone plugged into the wall charger all night when I sleep, and by the time I hit lunch hour the battery is nearly dead. I've had it hooked up to my USB port for nearly 8 hours and the battery is still only 10%, and as i post this thread i got a message "Battery is low. the charging current is not enough for device power consumption. please switch to AC power" I nly have a USB cable here at the office.

is this low current USB the cause of poor charging? the phone is getting very warm too.

thanks.
    -Joe

Advertisement

2. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Try a different port first. I had to re seat the cable on my work laptop before. Also, if you haven't done a hard reset, search the forum for how to's, and do that. That's helped quite a few people with battery life.

3. bdhcompany

bdhcompany Lurker
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    I had this similar problem. Mine would say Discharging (Menu/Settings/about Phone/Battery...) Turn your phone off and let it charge. then power it back on after an hour see if that works. I brought mine into sprint and got a Replacement phone shipped over night. HW 0002 was having the Issue. new phone shipped with HW 0003.

4. sikclown

sikclown Android Expert
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    Male
    Business Owner
    New Orleans, LA
    well is it connected to your PC as Charge Only? you can tell by pulling down the notification bar while plugged in

Tags: