1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support battery not charging via USB (samsung i7500)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by party247, Aug 29, 2011.

1. party247

party247 New Member

Jun 14, 2011
    i have just gotten this phone from someone. There seems to be something wrong with the charging of the battery. I can connect my phone with the USB cable to my laptop. It can recognize it and i can easily transfer things from my computer to the phone and vice versa. But no matter how long i have it connected the battery always shows it to be at 2%, and the phone will shut down if i remove the USB cable.

Also when i shut the phone down the animation for charging does show up, and it shows that the battery is charging but when i turn the phone on, after a while, the same thing; the battery meter is in red showing only 2% of charging done. :thinking:

I got another battery but the same problem. So is this something wrong with some charging circuitry or is it some other thing ? Please kindly guide if someone knows about this problem. The phone had the 1.5 android on it and i installed the GAOSP 2.3.4 on it, but the battery problem didnt go away. :mad:

ps: i dont have the wall charger, as i normally just charge my other phones through USB via my computer.

Advertisement

2. dri001

dri001 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Sales
    Toronto, Ont., Canada
    You may need to charge it with a wall charger first. If mine goes down too far it won't charge from the USB cable.