• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Not Charging

I'm trying to charge the battery using the USB cable. USB is active and its set to charge only but the battery status continues to show "not charging".

It's plugged into a charging port on a powered usb hub. I have tried all the other USB ports on the PC, too. Same result. No problem charging when I'm at home using the AC plug.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

I see the same issue. I have a USB cable that I was using to charge my Incredible in my car. The cable is connected to Amzer Nano 5V USB Car Charger For HTC, HTC DROID Incredible PB31200 - Chargers - Fommy.com

It worked just fine. When I moved to the Commando, I find it will not work, no matter what mode I set the phone to for the USB cable. When I connect the phone to a standard car charger, it charges just fine. It is almost as if the Commando can tell the difference between a USB cable alone and a standard car charger. Perhaps enough power is not translated thru a USB cable?

Inkdesigner
http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page...D+Incredible+PB31200&cat=Chargers&skuno=85970

Upvote 0
So figured out why mine wouldn't charge.

The charger I had only supplied 500mah. Not enough to charge the commando.

Ordered a high power 2100mah charger (labeled to charge ipad and other high current devices) that will do the trick. Make sure you pick a high current DC to USB converter that is shown to charge the ipad and android tablets. You will be golden.

Upvote 0
Here is what i just discovered also...

Was at a friends house overnight for a bday party and normally i put my phone in the cradle at home but didn't grab a cord to bring with since i generally use car charger if away from home... Well we tried every micro usb charger in the house, none worked except for one. The only difference? The ones that wouldnt work were rated for 500mA and the one that worked was rated for 700mA.

My stock Casio charger shows 700mA i believe, will have to dig out from behind nightstand. An LG model charger that i have from my previous phone works fine which is 700mA and the micro usb from another phone that i have which is 500mA also doesn't work like all the others it tried the other day.

So i would appear the Commando is power hungry. I have a 1 amp rated car charger cord that charges every phone i have ever tried it on, it was an expensive Motorola model but its filtered and fused and well worth the investment as most car chargers i have used before cause RF noise to my radio equipment.

Was thinking.... Just tried another charger, the one for the Kindle we have, its a 500mA unit also. When i plug in any of these 500mA units it says USB MODE or something like that on the screen, it varies, but never says charging or not charging.

Reactions: NE_Phil
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones