• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
they don't have one yet, and i doubt they ever will make one. there are 2000mah batteries for the original galaxy s2, but i've been told that they don't fit. and i doubt even if u did get 2000mah, it wont be a major improvement... ur best bet is just getting a secondary battery or gonig back to ogs2... i'm considering buy a secondary battery

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0
Seidio does make extended batteries for a number of smart phones. From their website link below, extended batteries are coming for the OGSII and the T-Mobile GSII to name a few. Since I read that the Skyrocket battery is the same as the T-Mobile GSII battery, I would think that there will be one for the Skyrocket with proper replacement door (back cover). The Skyrocket model is not yet on their website (too new, I guess), though I do see the Vivid on there. Hopefully in due time...

seidioonline.com

Upvote 0
I havnt seen an extended battery for the Skyrocket yet. I get about 7 or 8 hours of battery during a normal work day (couple of calls, texting, streaming audio, browsing etc). Since I work in an office I can charge the phone whenever, but I decided to get an extra battery. I got a replacement Samsung for $20 on amazon, and a battery charger for like $10. So now I just run the phone down till it dies and swap batteries, and that lasts a full day with plenty to spare. By my cyphering, I'd need a 2500 ma battery to get that range in a day.
YMMV, but that works for me

Upvote 0
they don't have one yet, and i doubt they ever will make one. there are 2000mah batteries for the original galaxy s2, but i've been told that they don't fit. and i doubt even if u did get 2000mah, it wont be a major improvement... ur best bet is just getting a secondary battery or gonig back to ogs2... i'm considering buy a secondary battery

why do you doubt they will? I had a 4000 mAh extended battery for my samsung Galaxy S2 and it was badass.

Upvote 0
Seidio does make extended batteries for a number of smart phones. From their website link below, extended batteries are coming for the OGSII and the T-Mobile GSII to name a few. Since I read that the Skyrocket battery is the same as the T-Mobile GSII battery, I would think that there will be one for the Skyrocket with proper replacement door (back cover). The Skyrocket model is not yet on their website (too new, I guess), though I do see the Vivid on there. Hopefully in due time...

seidioonline.com

yea it sucks that the extended batteries I had for my SGS2 wont work in the Skyrocket.......

Upvote 0
I finally tried juice defender. I have never tried it...on any of our current or previous phones/devices

Purposely ...I have every radio on, and Brightness at 100,

SC20111119-120416.png

Upvote 0
^^^Wow, that's some impressive battery life.

If you look at my graph, I've gotta guess that something is draining battery. (ignore the # of hours as it went dead over night, partially recharged, taken with me for a few hours of errands, but not used during that time)

SC20111119-161240.png

If you look at the second peak and then drop, I charged it to 35%. Left the house at 11:30 this morning, and didn't use it (almost entirely just in my pocket during errands except for about 3 minutes of checking an email). Back at 4:00pm, and it was down to 5%. I can't explain the rapid drop off like that, although I can't figure out why it is "awake" during so much of the time that the screen isn't on.

I just turned juice defender back on to see what happens. URG!

Upvote 0
There is an att app called Smartwifi that turns off wifi when not connected to a known ssid.

Would someone be willing to share best practices on setting setcpu profiles?

I don't know if this is a best practice but this is what I setup...

"Charging" Priority 100 max: 1512, min: 1512, on demand
(that allows for speed while connected to power)
"Screen Off" Priority 75 max: 540, min: 192, on demand
(this is the key one, I think... slow it down by a lot when the screen is off but not charging. This is where it should be most of the time when idle)
"Battery<35%" Priority 66 max: 918, min: 192, on demand
(a slower speed when the battery is low but not charging and the screen is on)
"Battery<101%" Priority 30 max: 1512, min: 594, on demand
(default when the screen is on and there's adequate battery)

I hope this helps. As I said, it may not be ideal -- you probably need to decide what kind of performance versus battery life you need.

Upvote 0
ok so i fully charged my phone, and used it for total of 30min of phone calls, hour of music roughly 20min of web browsing and then almost never touching the phone ever again, i finally got good battery life

SC20111119-224348.png

but anybody else think it's stupid that we have to be this cautious in order to enjoy a $150 phone that we pay atleast $80 a month to use?

Upvote 0
@702, i forgot to say i doubt samsung will release a official extended battery like they did for the galaxy s2. and i said i doubt it because for them to make a extended battery for sr wouldn't be cost efficient for them since they're gonna have one market. yes it is the same size as the one for t-mobile and sprint, but they're gonna have to release ones for t-mobile and sprint and another one just for the skyrocket since it has NFC enabled batteries.

Upvote 0
@702, i forgot to say i doubt samsung will release a official extended battery like they did for the galaxy s2. and i said i doubt it because for them to make a extended battery for sr wouldn't be cost efficient for them since they're gonna have one market. yes it is the same size as the one for t-mobile and sprint, but they're gonna have to release ones for t-mobile and sprint and another one just for the skyrocket since it has NFC enabled batteries.

None of the extended batteries for any brand/carrier have been made by the phone manufacturer. They are aftermarket

Upvote 0
but anybody else think it's stupid that we have to be this cautious in order to enjoy a $150 phone that we pay atleast $80 a month to use?

not at all. imagine how I would feel about my laptop if that were the case. It is a mobile device

There will never, and I mean never, be a device that meets and exceeds every single users expectations. It just won't happen.

Society is too picky :p

The more I do, the faster the phone is going to die, plain and simple. I concentrate on the simple fact that what these phones are capable of is amazing. If I can make adjustments to things I don't need and extend the time I can use it , of course I am going to do those things.

I draw the line at turning off things I want to use, ie airplane mode. (try it..your battery will last 3-4 days) but we can squeeze more life out of these phones taking away some of the frilly goodness that we don't use.

Upvote 0
Weird....
So I've been closely following my battery life because it kind of sucks.

Surprisingly, I had great battery life at home while on wifi over the weekend...about 18 hours no problem (though I was asleep for some of that). I recharged it today when I got to work, and was not getting great life during the day while on LTE/4G.

Got home, turned on wifi, and the battery drain completely leveled out. I also noticed that while on cellular, the "Awake" bar is solid. As soon as I'm on wifi, it was able to not be continuously awake.

Not sure if anyone can comment on the reasons that this would be, but usually its the OPPOSITE. I'm guessing it has to do with it not being able to "go to sleep."

Any thoughts or help is appreciated! Love the phone otherwise...

Upvote 0
yeah i noticed that whenever i turn the screen on to check the time and then turn it back off, the phone stays awake for a while after the screen is off. i think that's where majority of the battery life goes. i know a lot of pp have just sort of learned to adjust to crappy battery life but that's my most important concern when purchasing a phone, so it does bother me a little

Upvote 0
You can get about the same battery life you get on an iPhone IF you set up the Droid phone like an iPhone lol:
1. No widgets
2. No home screen launchers, themes, etc
3. No active wallpapers
4. Stop active apps you are not using from running in the background
5. Disable Flash when browsing the web
6. Limit the accounts that are auto-syncing in the background
7. Did I mention NO WIDGETS?

Upvote 0
Actually themes on an iPhone really don't hurt the battery life...you can scratch that one off the list. :)

As far as multitasking goes, every time I go back into a previously launched app in Android, it starts over from the beginning, so it's never really doing anything in the background anyway. With my iPhone it would go back in where I left off at least. (shrug).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones