1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery only lasting a day

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ashjnk2010, Mar 15, 2011.

1. ashjnk2010

ashjnk2010 Member
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    UK
    My x10 only lasts 24 hrs and sometimes not even that.

I charged it to 100% and even though I do listen to about 30 mins of music and get 3/4 calls that only last 20 mins each my x10 will be left with approx 15% battery by the end of the day.

Ive uninstalled Moxier and other apps I dont use, rooted it and use a task killer but this isnt helping.

what else can improve the battery life? I cant leave my phone to die sometimes as I need it for work so was wondering if they was anything else I could do to save battery life.

Advertisement

2. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    I think it is important to remember that most smart phones android or iphone, need charging daily. If you start to think of them as a mini computer that can make calls rather than simply a phone and that they drain the battery far quicker than the old style dumb phones.

My phone goes on charge each night, it would last through the night but then I wouldn't have enough charge to get through the following morning. Most evenings I have between 15 and 30% depending on what my usage has been that particular day. I would say getting a days use is perfectly normal for any smart phone.

3. dibberly

dibberly Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    i dont see a problem with that...are you awake for 24hrs??

when your asleep....charge it as rosered mentioned

4. powerkiter

powerkiter Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    UK
    I feel old saying this, I remember when I was lucky to get 10 hours on this phone before 2.1...

As above 24 hours is enough for a smart phone to last surely?

5. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    do what i do and carry a spare fully charged battery.
    sometimes at work i constantly stream radio or music from my laptop and i can kill the battery in around 6hrs so the spare comes in handy til i get home to charge it.

even on a good day (normal use) my battery goes down 50-60% in 10hrs. i actually consider that to be pretty good for a smartphone

6. haxor5354

haxor5354 Member
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    if your battery is new, you let it complete a few charge/discharge cycles. lithium batteries need to complete a few cycles before reaching it's full potential.

7. stocker

stocker Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Canada
    One thing I have found odd about this phone is the variable battery life. When I was on 1.6, I was lucky to get 12 hours before it died. However with juice defender I could up that to 16hours. On 2.1, my phone barely hits 70% after a full day of work (12 hours) and that is with me checking my corporate email about 20 times a day, surf reddit, mess around a bit at lunch. etc. I tried putting juice defender on it thinking yeah I am going to go 2 days without charging. Nope, for some reason juice defender murdered my battery in 6 hours. I also find that the camera app destroys my battery too. If I take one picture, the camera app stays resident and acts as a mini pocket warmer for the next 2 hours until my battery is dead, so I have to manually kill the task. Every now and then I get caught out by a rogue app, but otherwise its been really good since the update. Note, I used the flash tool to put the generic rom on with no Rogers crap. I currently have a bunch of stock SE apps frozen by Ti Backup as well.

8. masyail

masyail Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2011
    Hello I am just newbie here..
    what i'am gonna ask is that okay if we charged the battery of xperia 10 more than 2 hours ( when we sleep)....
    thanks..

9. Schism

Schism Newbie
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Two things;

1) You can uninstall Moxier?? Since when? What's your secret??

2) I found that if you disable data traffic you can get two days out of your phone. Granted this is not a viable solution if you are constantly using your data for internetty things. I went to SETTINGS -> WIRELESS & NETWORKS -> MOBILE NETWORKS -> and then un-clicked 'Data Traffic'.

This, on top of having a background app killer got me a max 2.5 days at one point out of my phone. I would just turn data back on if i needed to access the web, then turn it off again.

10. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    if you root your phone you can uninstall anything with various methods.

11. dibberly

dibberly Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    titanium backup is the one most people use

12. stocker

stocker Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Canada
    For the record though, I use Moxier mail, tasks and calender everyday for work, it is resident in memory at all times. It uses 1% of my battery. Removing it frankly will likely not help your battery life.