1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery only lasts 6-7 hours from full charge after manual 2.2 install.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jpyanks31, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Jpyanks31

Jpyanks31 Lurker

I manually installed the FRG01B update yesterday. And since doing so, I have noticed a ridiculously steep drop in battery life. Do I need to be running FRG22? Is that available to download manually, if so?

I also know that I don't have the version of Facebook that was causing battery drainage. ATK didn't seem to help at all (it might have even made it worse). Is there anything I can do to vastly improve battery life? It would be great if I could get the phone's battery to last at least 24 hours. I already uninstalled ATK, by the way.

2. G_Altima

G_Altima Lurker

I was having the same problem, but after doing a facory reset, everything seems to be working good now. Battery life went from 6 hours to 20+ hours.

3. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

go to about phone battery use and look at what is using your battery

4. emdmao

emdmao Android Enthusiast

If you're using a task killer (ATK) uninstall it

5. Smokex365

Smokex365 Newbie

I went from getting only ~26 hours max with 2.1 to getting over 55 hours with the forced update. I have Advanced task killer set to autokill as well and frequently use the music/last.fm as well as browsing. You should look at what is running and get rid of it.

6. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Android Enthusiast

55 hours? Is it turned on?

7. Namrepus221

Namrepus221 Newbie

My battery lasts about 6-7 hours and I am using 2.1 and dont' have anything really running on the phone at times.

I mean I do web browse...but does that really kill the battery that much?

8. obutto

obutto Android Enthusiast

55 hours...No way unless you leave it off...

9. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

Me thinks Smokex is smoking something :D

10. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.

I ain't really noticed any difference on battery usage. But I don't think I'd flash FRG22. I tried it and it seemed very laggy to me.

11. nifer

nifer Well-Known Member

just updated to 2.2 this morning and i've noticed a decrease in battery life as well.

12. nightrain

nightrain Newbie

I don't know what's normal/abnormal for battery use, but this is what it lists under my menu...can anyone tell me if this is normal or not?

Phone Idle - 22%
    Display - 20%
    Cell Standby - 17%
    Dialer - 17%
    Android System - 9%
    Messaging - 4%
    Android OS - 4%
    Android Keyboard - 2%
    Twitter - 2%
    Screebl Lite - 2%
    Facebook - 2%

(I can't get Facebook and Twitter to stay closed, they always reopen and stay open since installing FROYO)

13. PreciousMetal

PreciousMetal Newbie

I am getting better battery life with 2.2 now. AT first it was horrible then I found the verizon app MyVerizon was eating my battery. I deleted the whole thing and reinstalled it, battery life was good. I then set up its widget and that was it. It would drain my battery down in a few hours, made my droid hot hot hot!
    Life is good without the widget.

dmodert66 likes this.
  14. dmodert66

dmodert66 Android Expert

I get much better battery life with 2.2. Granted, I am on a rooted rom, but it is not overclocked or anything atm. I get around 10-12 hours minimum, and I think my max was around 36 hours (very little usage)...I use no task killers nor do I underclock when idle. I am going to check the my verizon widget though, and see what happens if I take that off...Thanks for the tip!

15. bkukuniver

bkukuniver Lurker

I think it's not good.

16. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Android Expert

you could use the app Tasker to set a condition that if FB or Twit are started, kill them. I use to do this with Amazon MP3 until I just deleted it.

yeah, why?

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews