• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Optimization Issue over Screen usage.

Roshan Ray

Lurker
Jan 20, 2019
I am a software tester. I have been working on the Android project. The phone runs on Android 6.0 and does not have a Ambient sensor. The problem is the Battery consumption over Screen is extremely high. Is there anything that can be done to optimize this

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20190120170906.jpg
    WeChat Image_20190120170906.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 120
Different monitoring apps tend to assign power usage differently between apps, services, the screen, etc. But the display is usually the biggest single power drain, so unless you've only had it on for a short time I'm not at all sure that there is any problem here. We'd really need to know more about your usage to say anything, and more about the device and usage to say very much.

Turning brightness down is one way to reduce power usage by the screen. Turning the screen off when not in sure (or using a shorter timeout period) is the other. That's about it really.

Reactions: svim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones